Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Yeah loads of these t-shirt type stuff is just businesses jumping on anything trying to make money on a current thing, it happens with pretty much anything. There's whole commercial outfits that plaster any slogan or photo you want on mugs/t-shirts/whatever... Don't think there's anything significant to be read into any on demand printed item you can find online coming from a factory in China. Apart from the opportunism of capital.

There was a big scandal a few years back when there was loads of AI generated Auschwitz "memorabilia" including cushions with the Arbeit Macht Frei gate on them, grim. I think it may even have been on Amazon (citation needed).

Is it not the case that all the memes exist as an indication of the west's interest in this particular war - rather than that interest existing because of the memes etc?
You're right initially but I think there'd be more interest if there were more memes and rocket videos etc. Not that this is a good thing btw- ISIS got a lot of recruits from this sort of online promotion

Is it not the case that all the memes exist as an indication of the west's interest in this particular war - rather than that interest existing because of the memes etc?
I think that you are probably right, though I think that there is undoubtedly some traffic in the opposite direction, too.

Would you actually wear it though? I love memes but I think it would look a little odd.
It's kind of why I haven't got one yet. I "grew out of" T-shirts with writing on quite a long time ago, so it's going to be a considered step. TBH, I'm either going to go large (HIMARS Crimea Beach Party) or go home - I don't particularly want to go down the obscure references or "Slava Ukraine" road...

I'm either going to go large (HIMARS Crimea Beach Party) or go home - I don't particularly want to go down the obscure references or "Slava Ukraine" road...
I think most people would consider that one obscure. They will wonder what a picture of a missile launcher & beach scene alongside the name Crimea is supposed to be all about, and what you're trying to say by wearing it. Some people will just think you're some kind of military enthusiast. Not everyone will be sure whether it's indicating support for Ukraine, or something else.

I think most people would consider that one obscure. They will wonder what a picture of a missile launcher & beach scene alongside the name Crimea is supposed to be all about, and what you're trying to say by wearing it. Some people will just think you're some kind of military enthusiast. Not everyone will be sure whether it's indicating support for Ukraine, or something else.
I ❤️ obscure :cool:

Back
Top Bottom