Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

That the big sexy rockets are going to land in (what was) a popular holiday destination. I don't get what the 500 refers to or whether it's a rip off of something specific but that's the gist of it.
Yes, I was wondering if we are looking at T-shirts that celebrate bombing somewhere using american weapons or T-shirts that celebrate the idea that maybe some time soon there can be beach parties in a de-annexed Crimea.

^ fair enough - as a non biologist/scientist I'm happy to be wrong about the 'origin*' of the fair haired people in southern Italy. But I do know absolutely for certain they are very definitely there!

(*because obviously any 21st century italian or sicilian has multiple lines of origin and all identities are invented)

(and also, to be fair - would you concede that reddit threads, and the entire 23andme enterprise, are at least .... scientifically questionable... as sources of expertise on the extremely tricky interplay between observable DNA evidence, the realities of life on a medieval occupied island and 20-21st century ideas of 'race' ?)

It was the fucking Normans: The Normans in Sicily - Wonders of Sicily

Yes, I was wondering if we are looking at T-shirts that celebrate bombing somewhere using american weapons or T-shirts that celebrate the idea that maybe some time soon there can be beach parties in a de-annexed Crimea.
Both. Particularly since it looks increasingly likely that the one is the only way of facilitating the other. I shall leave it to you to work out which way around that goes :thumbs:

They dress like extras on Blake's 7.

You know that think we're you'd go to ex-Sov places in the 90's and everyone was cutting about in double denim and shell suits, topped off with a mullet - it's like that, but with more Crack.

Lyman has been left in a very bad state, infrastructure destroyed and people left with almost nothing. I hope they're going to get help, especially as it's getting colder. There's been a massive exodus but many people haven't going to have homes to come back to, and no amenities. Russia has a long history of breaking up and destroying communities.

It used to be a busy place, a town of 30,000 where most people worked for the railways, but there are only estimated to be 1,000 people left. There’s no electricity, no gas, a lot of the apartment houses have had all their windows blown out, and it’s beginning to get chilly now.

Quite a common sight as you’re wandering around is people – mainly the elderly residents stayed – cooking food out on the street on open fires, which is all they can do at the moment.

And this is going to be a problem in a lot of places isn't it, bloody landmines.

The other issue about the aftermath is it’s lousy with mines. You cannot go off the road, there are booby traps. All the solders we’ve spoken to said everywhere not on a path or cleared road is a mine risk and there are an awful lot of mines there, especially in the forests where the Russian positions were.

Guardian link

Lyman has been left in a very bad state, infrastructure destroyed and people left with almost nothing. I hope they're going to get help, especially as it's getting colder. There's been a massive exodus but many people haven't going to have homes to come back to, and no amenities. Russia has a long history of breaking up and destroying communities.

And this is going to be a problem in a lot of places isn't it, bloody landmines.

Guardian link
This is why I have no sympathy, and even quite pleased those Russian soldiers fleeing Lyman got picked off and killed.

Looks more like a copy of an old Indy500 T-shirt to me

cookie for belboid.

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, welcome to the first and only CRIMEA 500. Behind the wheel of the first of its kind - HIMAFS (HIMARS but Fella obviously), is the Fella, the myth, the legend, Dale Fellhardt! And if you'll look at the weather forecast for Sevastopol, we're expecting a rain of fire and a toasty atmosphere!

You Pronounced This Nonsense. Not Me.

Saint Javelin and the Fellas bring you a project that is definitely not 100% funded by the CIA because there is no CIA.

It might seem tangental, but actually it's central interns of the culture of the Russian state/Putin regime - and as all know, culture eats everything else...

Kadyrov the Chechen warlord bloke who wears Prada combat boots? Well...

Louis Vuitton punch bag. Designed by Karl Largerfeld - £175,000 a piece. If you want to know where the Russian budget goes...

someone posted an alternative to liveuamap a while ago and i can't seem to find it... does anyone remember the site I mean?

someone posted an alternative to liveuamap a while ago and i can't seem to find it... does anyone remember the site I mean?

I've seen this one a few times, don't know how reputable it is but it seemed to be fairly on the ball when I was watching the advances in Lyman.

I've seen this one a few times, don't know how reputable it is but it seemed to be fairly on the ball when I was watching the advances in Lyman.

There are a few that various OSINT types post up to Scribblemaps. This is a good one that DefMon3 maintains:

If you search on the twatter the rybar maps are quite good - don’t go to the website or anything because it’s Russian telegram bros compiled. Still accurate but for how long

RIP Rory.

View attachment 345921

Get a t shirt with his face on it, it'll be well funny. Bonus points if it's got a 70's/80's aesthetic.

Hahahaha.

The fucking state of some of you on this thread.

Are you all forces/ex-forces or just armchair wannabes? Actually it's pretty easy to see tbh. War's now pretty much like the covid threads - a few people who've got some idea of what they're talking about + loads of useless tosspots who've 'done their research' and are now suddenly experts.

Do you know what, I've been very careful in my phrasing when commenting on this war, I've tried to avoid the gamification of the war that people engage in on Twitter and Discord, the "armchairs" as you put it.

One slightly bad taste t-shirt doesn't lump me in with them, what I know and don't know I've always tried to be clear about, never professed to be anything other than a remote observer, I know a little, not a lot. Certainly not as much as some on here but really do try to skirt the right side of the line of knowledge/speculation.

I fully support the Ukrainian's in their fight and despite the sadness at the loss of life (on both sides!) I can engage with the goings on in Ukraine as and how I wish. We can't just be wringing our hands all the time, they'll fall off.

Some on here are looking for people to condemn all the time, start with the Russians. They pronounced this nonsense, not me.

Get a t shirt with his face on it, it'll be well funny. Bonus points if it's got a 70's/80's aesthetic.

Hahahaha.

The fucking state of some of you on this thread.

Are you all forces/ex-forces or just armchair wannabes? Actually it's pretty easy to see tbh. War's now pretty much like the covid threads - a few people who've got some idea of what they're talking about + loads of useless tosspots who've 'done their research' and are now suddenly experts.
And then there's you

Back
Top Bottom