Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Shortcut to sunshine flying, so no.

I do wonder what it’s like at the borders Ukraine has reclaimed at this point.

Awkward silence from each side of the border post?

I think there were various scuffles when UA retook the borders in Kharkiv, but haven't noticed any reports of late.

With all these new conscripts arriving, untrained and unmotivated as they may be, there'll be some big regrouping and a massive, horrendous battle akin to Mariupol down the line, and maybe not very far down the line either. Could be Kherson but not sure if the Russians are in a position to resupply it effectively, nor that they would defend it with 100th of the conviction that UA defended Mariupol

It'll not be Kherson. It's been effectively isolated for a long time. With the three bridges cut, pontoon ferries can't carry enough traffic to make a significant difference, especially when the landing points are getting himarsed ... which explains the current rate of advances.

Similarly, it looks as if the northern "half" of Lushank Oblast, at least, may be liberated in the same way that Kharkiv was, especially after the Lyman "kettle" has been cleared.

Going by this Graun bit from the feed, they may be moving on Nova Kakhovka.

Though same bit points out that RU artillery is likely stationed on eastern bank, 20,000 RU troops in Kherson itself, likely orders not to retreat. Basically it will likely be a brutal phase of the war.

*If you ever look at liveuamap, the canal is that blue line you've been slightly confused about for ages.
There's also a fair bit of speculation going around that the battlefield is being shaped for that Third Thrust, down to the coast, to sever the Russian-held ground.

Unless something goes very badly amiss, this really is looking like Russia's occupation of Ukraine is properly fucked.

I would quite like to see Zelensky at a signing ceremony with weird prancing people in silly hats annexing Russia though. Please make it happen.
Given the trollery that Ukraine has indulged in so far, I am reasonably confident that Zelenskiy is going to come up with something beyond our wildest dreams, when that day comes.

Me, I'll be at the #crimeabeachparty

Given the trollery that Ukraine has indulged in so far, I am reasonably confident that Zelenskiy is going to come up with something beyond our wildest dreams, when that day comes.

Me, I'll be at the #crimeabeachparty

Got my t-shirt last week.

But they have very different ideas on what 2XL means. Will have to get beach body ready. :D

Attachments

• 4814450F-F42F-4661-9EF0-7C2D070162CF.jpeg
    4814450F-F42F-4661-9EF0-7C2D070162CF.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 59
It’s almost going too well. I can’t believe the amount of ground they are taking. I’m 80% pleased for them and 20% wondering what could fill that massive gap the Russians have just left.

I’d certainly be wondering what I could fill it with…/armchair

Got my t-shirt last week.

But they have very different ideas on what 2XL means. Will have to get beach body ready. :D
Ah, thank you for that. I was thinking of getting one for myself. So they come up a bit smol, do they?

On their size guide, it says:
2XL 32in / 81.3cm26in / 66cm

Last edited:
Tiny. I’m an XL usually but got 2XL to be on the safe side. Not sure I can wear it and just like a HIMARS no returns!
Check the size guide I edited into my earlier reply to your post. Just in case they've got it wrong, in which case I think you'd be entitled to be a bit stern.

Whole guide here:

Can someone explain what the joke is, on that T shirt?
That the big sexy rockets are going to land in (what was) a popular holiday destination. I don't get what the 500 refers to or whether it's a rip off of something specific but that's the gist of it.

Back
Top Bottom