Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Francis Scarr posts a clip of Russian state TV's Vladimir Solovyov saying his country should form an international coalition for its war in Ukraine including Venezuela, Iran, North Korea, Cuba and Nicaragua. Like the International Brigade against fascist Spain, he says.

I think I just heard the groan of the tankies collective orgasm.

Last edited:
Francis Scarr posts a clip of Russian state TV's Vladimir Solovyov saying his country should form an international coalition for its war in Ukraine including Venezuela, Iran, North Korea, Cuba and Nicaragua. Like the International Brigade against fascist Spain, he says.

good point tbf - the US does always manage to get a coalition together for its war crimes

The Fall of Russia..?

Look at the dynamics of this meeting - compare it to the Tsar of 6 months ago and his 90ft tables.

FcuCoMwWQAAYof7.jpeg

China buying Russian oil and gas at about 50% of the market rate, the president of one of the CA republics kept him waiting for 10 minutes in front of the cameras in one of these highly choreographed handshake meetings and Putin was obliged to grin and take it...

There are solid reports of two CSTO states - Kygzistan and Tajikistan - having a border scuffle. Tanks, artillery, all the good stuff, and Armenia's please for support under the CSTO (article 4 if I recall..) falling on deaf (impotent?) ears...

If you ever wanted to see a states power to influence it's surroundings and it's neighbours fall through the floor...

The Fall of Russia..?

Look at the dynamics of this meeting - compare it to the Tsar of 6 months ago and his 90ft tables.

View attachment 342961

China buying Russian oil and gas at about 50% of the market rate, the president of one of the CA republics kept him waiting for 10 minutes in front of the cameras in one of these highly choreographed handshake meetings and Putin was obliged to grin and take it...

There are solid reports of two CSTO states - Kygzistan and Tajikistan - having a border scuffle. Tanks, artillery, all the good stuff, and Armenia's please for support under the CSTO (article 4 if I recall..) falling on deaf (impotent?) ears...

If you ever wanted to see a states power to influence it's surroundings and it's neighbours fall through the floor...

'Oh, none of you will have a cake? Perhaps a piece of fruit?'

The Fall of Russia..?

View attachment 342961

Obviously not a Putin fan but the collapse of the Russian state's ability to provide any sort of security in its back yard is going to have all sorts of unwanted effects

Smaller states like Armenia are gonna look towards Russia, the USA, China etc to provide security guarantees, it shouldn't need to happen but it's the way of things unfortunately

I'm sure posadists today have some ruthless marxist criticisms on the current status of the Zaporhizhia power plant which every comrade should pay attention to
They either aren't into detail or lack the cadre to provide the amount of comment that urban posters demand . However, I was struck by the statement's explaination ( made in March ) of why, in their opinion, Russia isn't an imperialist power and is actually anti imperialist.

Modern capitalist Russia is not an imperialist country. It had no means to become one after the counter-revolution in the USSR. It is a regional power akin to India or Brazil, primarily an exporter of commodities, not capital. To maintain its independence, Russia had to ally with other countries in opposition to imperialism.

They either aren't into detail or lack the cadre to provide the amount of comment that urban posters demand . However, I was struck by the statement's explaination ( made in March ) of why, in their opinion, Russia isn't an imperialist power and is actually anti imperialist.
Lol in a multipolar world even the US and China are largely 'regional powers' tho. I was expecting some 'workers bomb' type rhetoric tbh, bit disappointed

Obviously not a Putin fan but the collapse of the Russian state's ability to provide any sort of security in its back yard is going to have all sorts of unwanted effects

Oh yeah, this is going to be a shit-flinging goat rodeo - hegemony, counter-hegemony, corruption, dictatorship/autocracy, energy, ethno-nationalism, border disputes, and nukes.

China is obviously the Big Dog, Turkey also has its cock in the punch bowl - but perhaps these CA are wondering if China has the same problems as Russia, just better hidden: dictatorship making difficult truths unwelcome, rampant corruption, a focus on the shiny and not the boring stuff that makes it work..?

China and Turkey are going to be the big, immediate winners with a large side order of chaotic, Balkans-esque instability and potential for violence - but after that?..

Back
Top Bottom