Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Mud is less of an issue if the Russians are mostly just staying put and hammering everything with artillery than if they're trying to get a thousand tanks into Kyiv.

Long term the bigger problems will be supply lines, morale, desertion etc. The Ukrainians (or careless Russians having a crafty fag at a munitions depot) must have put a serious dent in their ammo supplies by now.

Seems like a big misstep if this was the work of Ukrainians - while the world's a better place without Darya Dugina in it, there's not exactly a shortage of ultranationalist shitheads to replace her, and now they've got a young female martyr to galvanize support.

And if the Ukrainians want to keep a clear line between themselves and the monstrous behaviour of their invaders, assassinating civilian journalists, no matter how vile their ideas are, isn't the way to go about it.

There's any number of possible protagonists who might have done it - I doubt the Ukrainians would admit to it, I'm surprised the Russians have blamed it on them (it's a bit self-defeating: look at these sub-humans who make our ammunition depots explode and bring death to our capital city, aren't we clever?), Dugin himself will have enemies aplenty within the various Russian power structures, and let's not forget that Putin is no stranger to setting off bombs in Moscow to justify his military adventures...

Seems like a big misstep if this was the work of Ukrainians - while the world's a better place without Darya Dugina in it, there's not exactly a shortage of ultranationalist shitheads to replace her, and now they've got a young female martyr to galvanize support.

And if the Ukrainians want to keep a clear line between themselves and the monstrous behaviour of their invaders, assassinating civilian journalists, no matter how vile their ideas are, isn't the way to go about it.
They may point the finger at domestic opposition groups, if only to justify further crackdowns and oppression.

What always gets me when things like this happens is how often the authorities know immediately who to blame, which organisation or group of people were responsible. But if they know so much about it so quickly why didn't they stop it happening?

Doubt they will want to credit Ukraine with the ability to strike in Moscow.

They're perfectly capable of doublethink on this. There's no way the ukranians could have done this, we must retaliate against ukraine immediately!

Still, I'd expect particularly brutal retaliatory strike against ukraine real soon now, as well as a crackdown on the russian anti-war element.

One by one will do.

It would seen like a tragic waste of cars.

I kinda like that it was her rather than him. Maybe now he'll realise how it feels to lose your child to this stupid fucking war. And he'll hurt for the rest of his life.

Andrey Krasnov, a friend of Dugina and the head of the Russian Horizon social movement, confirmed the reports, according to the news agency Tass.

He said the bomb could have been intended for her father.

“This was the father’s vehicle. Darya was driving another car but she took his car today, while Alexander went in a different way. He returned, he was at the site of the tragedy. As far as I understand, Alexander or probably they together were the target,” Krasnov said.

‘Key to white survival’: how Putin has morphed into a far-right savior
However, the independent Russian news agency Agentstvo reported that leaked government databases showed the car was registered to Darya and not her father.

So it was her car and she more likely the target.

:confused: I really can.

Please show me any evidence that Olena Semenyaka is not still alive. Maybe I missed that, but if I did it's not because of any conspiracy theory.

The bbc are reporting it happened. They can only do that if they have verifiable sources. Why do you think she isn’t?

Back
Top Bottom