Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Yes, Russian history. The revolution didn't stop it having happened, or it looming over events now. This is Russia we're watching, not the USSR.
the largest part of the former pale is now in countries other than russia and has been for quite some time, plus the bits of the pale remaining in russia had few jews in as a proportion of population. so as you say above 'not exactly'

the largest part of the former pale is now in countries other than russia and has been for quite some time, plus the bits of the pale remaining in russia had few jews in as a proportion of population. so as you say above 'not exactly'
sure nothing repeats exactly as history rolls on so no, not exactly.

Potentially interesting. Though we look like being in an upper level westerly flow for the near-future.

There's a video up of Russian vehicles/pos ammunition in Zap NPP. At least I obviously can't confirm, but it certainly looks like the turbine room of a NPP, and not quite sure how many others are likely to have a few 'Z' marked vehicles parked in them.

Spoiler because don't really know anything about source:

Ukraine defence minister Reznikov seems to be claiming responsibility for the explosions in Crimea:
Ukraine is activating a “resistance force” under the command of Ukrainian special forces to carry out attacks far behind Russian lines, Reznikov said. The force was formed in January in accordance with a law passed last year, and in recent weeks it has been activated in Ukrainian territory held by the Russians.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...defense-minister-special-forces-new-strategy/

There's a video up of Russian vehicles/pos ammunition in Zap NPP. At least I obviously can't confirm, but it certainly looks like the turbine room of a NPP, and not quite sure how many others are likely to have a few 'Z' marked vehicles parked in them.

Spoiler because don't really know anything about source:

1660853637738.png

Potentially interesting. Though we look like being in an upper level westerly flow for the near-future.

I'll add 'both sides blaming each other in advance of anything happening, making the situation a total nightmare to unpick as usual' to the long list of reasons I hope nothing like that actually happens on Friday.

I say that because the subsequent tweets in that thread are....

See post 15805 please . If that’s not clear please re- read .
You imply that I (among others) say there is no history to Russia. Well that's bollocks. Pointing out a continuity of purpose and policy to a particular imperialism is not denying history. It may be a version of history that you don't recognise. That's possible. Perhaps you would rather it were not the case. That possible too.

Back
Top Bottom