Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Another 'fire' has broken out. LOL.

Russia's defence ministry said the fire broke out at a temporary ammunition storage site near the village of Maiske (or Mayskoye in Russian) at around 06:15 Moscow time (03:15 GMT) and that the cause was being investigated.

Ivan will go to town on any partisans they find.this is telling the world that they don’t have control of their own turf. It’s not a massive leap of imagination to see old school collective punishment on residents being introduced

If your going to report on what Wagner Group are doing, you should probably remove the geo tags from your pictures in case Ukrainians are watching ready to put them into HIMARS.

And we return to war correspondent Sergey Sreda. Having left the Wagner Group base in Popasny he tweeted, “I was warmly received. Troops told me a few funny jokes” and geotagged the photo. In a few minutes he realised what he just did and quickly deleted the post, but it was too late.

Ukrainian Army used the geotag to give a bunch of mercs a ride of the Valkyries.
There are reports from a few to a hundred dead and wounded. Angry tweets and Telegram messages calling Sreda “worse than Ukranazis” and “who needs enemies with such a friend” prove that the war correspondent’s geotag was successful.

It's going to be a tough winter across Europe that's for sure. I so hope when this is all over they some lessons are learnt regarding our energy supply. But I doubt it.

In the short to medium term most of the painful lessons will involve the demand and demand destruction side of the picture.

I've pencilled in winters of discontent before only for the bullet to be dodged, but this one seems to have a lot more savage potential of coming to fruition.

Last edited:
If only thise bastards in Ukraine had just given up and let Russia win, eh?
I thought the article worth posting. It's the first European country to cut electricity supplies because of high prices rather than Gazprom refusing continued supply. The first but unlikely to be the last. Plus it's telling as we invested resources in Kosovo, it was the big thing then but not so much now.

Last edited:

Given the number of nazi pin badges, memorabilia and good old fashioned tattoos that have given away members of the US police and woodworking contestants this is true.

I assume they get a subscription to something, probably one of those HISTORY OF WW2 mags that litter Smith's and go out of business in 6 months

Dunno about you lot but on my behind the lines SOF missions I would always bring a bag full of Nazi memorabilia. Just in case like. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that.

if i was raiding a house like that I'd be really wary that something like a picture of bandera would be booby-trapped. It's the sort of thing I'd leave behind with a nice surprise for raiders who might move it without thinking

The disproportionate amount of people from ethnic minorities being sent to fight in Ukraine has been talked about before.
Sadly not surprising then that those people are experiencing the highest combat losses according to Russia's own official data.

BBC article in Russian:

Всплеск смертей офицеров: что известно о потерях России в Украине к концу июля - BBC News Русская служба

There is some suspicion that reporting of deaths in Moscow is suppressed, as the home of the elite and ‘decision makers’, so likely to be more casualties from there than is known, but even with this it’s mostly people from the regions bearing the brunt of it.

The various ‘volunteer battalions’ currently being formed around the country are offered a decent up front payment and salary, so are primarily attracting the poor and desperate, those in debt etc. On the shoulders of the poor as usual. The worst part is that the state is often not delivering on these salaries, which is causing discontent.

if i was raiding a house like that I'd be really wary that something like a picture of bandera would be booby-trapped. It's the sort of thing I'd leave behind with a nice surprise for raiders who might move it without thinking
You wouldn't have to worry about booby traps behind pictures you had put up yourself not ten minutes before...

If your going to report on what Wagner Group are doing, you should probably remove the geo tags from your pictures in case Ukrainians are watching ready to put them into HIMARS.
Not sure if you’re mixing up different attacks - the Wagner HQ photo locations were easily identified by clues such as the building address on a sign in the background, not sure if they were geotagged. That was also the one where the ‘Reverse Side of The Medal’ blogger guy was alleged to have perished (though suspect if the blast didn’t get him former colleagues not known for their compassion and forgiveness might have had a hand in his demise)

If not then then they’ve made exactly the same mistake with the regular Russian army HQ in Lysychansk which went boom a couple of days ago.

Back
Top Bottom