Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

the last para is interesting

“Imagine that Russian forces finally take Sievierodonetsk, then what?” said Pavel Luzin, a Russian-based military analyst. “Strategically, it changes little . . . [and] most of the Russian army’s artillery range is less than 25km. So [Russian president Vladimir] Putin can’t destroy all of Ukraine’s cities, everywhere.”

the limitations are cheering but at the very least its enough to get and secure the land corridor to Crimea though

Sieverodonestk isn't really relevant to the land corridor. That has been secure(ish) since the surrender of Azovstal, and realistically a fair bit before then.

Sieverodonestk isn't really relevant to the land corridor. That has been secure(ish) since the surrender of Azovstal, and realistically a fair bit before then.
its a large town in the region of the Donbas - its pretty clear i think what the key area is they are planning on occupying - Donbas + land corridor

That sounds like a conspiracy theory tbh. It makes as much sense as the Chinese bioweapon theory.
Well of course Porton is going to analyse it.

But on the Wuhan side was an interesting piece in Vanity Fair last month... If this was lab made probably can't see NATO dwelling on it

its a large town in the region of the Donbas - its pretty clear i think what the key area is they are planning on occupying - Donbas + land corridor

It is, so I'm not sure why you were saying 'at the very least its enough to get and secure the land corridor to Crimea'. But I think I misread your post as saying this <e2a: 'this' meaning occupying the last bit of Luhansk, as opposed to whole of Donbas> might represent the end of Russian objectives, so not gonna quibble.

It does seem a bit fanciful, but...

I'd normally discount it out of hand, but I follow this guy, he's russian who pokes fun at his country and himself. Since the war his posts have taken a darker turn. Apparently he gets away with it as he's posts in English, so not really of interest to the authorities, but given the current situation I think he's pretty brave.

CNN reports that Biden really is sending MLRS and the 300km range HIMARS. Quite a game changer, if true.

what is the supply route to get these to the eastern front line? i was reading that it goes via germany in to poland and then ukraine and that germany is not keen to take part in this with such heavy weaponry

what is the supply route to get these to the eastern front line? i was reading that it goes via germany in to poland and then ukraine and that germany is not keen to take part in this with such heavy weaponry
It's mostly getting flown in to Poland's Rzeszow Airfield direct by US military aircraft.

They've illegally invaded and occupied their neighbour and they think people are going to blame Ukraine for the holodomor
Nato doesn't have widespread support by a very long shot and a lot of voices calling hypocrisy esp from the middle East and India right now.
I believe if people start to suffer food shortages I don't thing Russia will be blamed. They supply wheat and fuel.

Nato doesn't have widespread support by a very long shot and a lot of voices calling hypocrisy esp from the middle East and India right now.
I believe if people start to suffer food shortages I don't thing Russia will be blamed. They supply wheat and fuel.

It certainly true you can't stop people believing what they want to believe... I suppose if you want gnore what Russia has said and what Russia has done they might come across as fucking reasonable

They've illegally invaded and occupied their neighbour and they think people are going to blame Ukraine for the holodomor

Enough people will, though. In addition to what IC3D said they'll almost certainly point to what the West is doing with all the food it is buying up, ie: overconsuming and wasting it.

Back
Top Bottom