Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

They can pay the soldiers with the dough, maybe, but they don’t really buy bombs, they make them and years of thievery means that the production capacity is just not there, they can’t just magic them up out of nowhere.

But yeah, the rise in price of oil does mean the sanctions don’t bite quite as hard as hoped. If Europe can totally end imports of oil and gas that will fuck Russia long term but in the immediate the lack of money and Big Macs is not a worry for Putin.
How good are the chinese copies?

Not to read too much into this, but news that a Russian frigate, the Admiral Makarov, has been hit by a Ukrainian missile is beginning to circulate from multiple sources. There are reports of quite an extensive rescue operation being mounted.

It would be one hell of a propaganda win if so

From EuroWeekly...

This was confirmed by Ukrainian politician and chairman of the Odessa Regional Council, Oleksiy Goncharenko, who said on messaging app Telegram that the warship was on fire but had not sunk.

“The frigate Admiral Makarov, the Russian Navy’s patrol frigate, is on fire.

“Yes, yes, you got that right! The God of the Seas is taking revenge on Ukraine’s abusers.”

He added that after being launched in September 2015, in 2022, “when it took part in the killing of Ukrainians, it was given to the God of the Seas.”

From EuroWeekly...

Again, without reading too much into it, the Ukrainian General Staff have just incremented their "Russian ships lost" count by one...

(TBF, they haven't been too bad at grossly overclaiming their wins, but I guess time will tell)

sure we've been told on this thread russia's built no warships since the 1990s so i expect Dogsauce to come by and announce this is fake news
:)

I was corrected on that one, it was no cruisers rather than no ships.:oops:

Anyway, why don’t they double-tap this one while it’s prone, make the job a good one? Doubt anyone is manning the anti-missile/air defences right now.

:)

I was corrected on that one, it was no cruisers rather than no ships.:oops:

Anyway, why don’t they double-tap this one while it’s prone, make the job a good one? Doubt anyone is manning the anti-missile/air defences right now.

The conventions (and law) of the sea innit. Might be your worst enemy, but if a distress signal goes out, you have a duty to rescue them... Well, probably something like that anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chz
The conventions (and law) of the sea innit. Might be your worst enemy, but if a distress signal goes out, you have a duty to rescue them... Well, probably something like that anyway.
No matter how much they hate the other guy, no sailor wants to end up being the one abandoned at sea.

Waste of a good missile/kill chain - it's fucked, they might be able to repair it at some stage, but it's out of the game for some time.

Having it damaged, but not sunk, uses up Russian resources: it's needs to be protected by other ships and aircraft, and gently brought back to a port. It then takes up a berth or - even better - a drydock that could be used for a rapid repair but is now bunged up with a pile of scrap.

Waste of a good missile/kill chain - it's fucked, they might be able to repair it at some stage, but it's out of the game for some time.

Having it damaged, but not sunk, uses up Russian resources: it's needs to be protected by other ships and aircraft, and gently brought back to a port. It then takes up a berth or - even better - a drydock that could be used for a rapid repair but is now bunged up with a pile of scrap.
Same as people, really. Militarily speaking, a WIA is much more use to the enemy than a KIA, as they're going to need mates to carry them to safety, get medevaced, use up a field hospital bed, etc. Although, TBF, Russia does seem not to trouble themselves quite so unduly about their "300"s becoming "200"s... :hmm:

Same as people, really. Militarily speaking, a WIA is much more use to the enemy than a KIA, as they're going to need mates to carry them to safety, get medevaced, use up a field hospital bed, etc. Although, TBF, Russia does seem not to trouble themselves quite so unduly about their "300"s becoming "200"s... :hmm:
You still need to wound them enough so they lie down and scream a bit rather than heroically carry on trying to kill you. Though it depends if you win or not. If you win CPERS ( Captured personal, Not all Prisoners are Prisoners of war though everyone is treated the same at the point of capture are annoying Wounded cpers are even more annoying. If you lose you are the other side's problem. The few real prisoners I have had to deal with were cooperative and appreciative of fair treatment. It was handing them over and the paperwork that followed.

Last edited:
Protests by Wives of solidiers trapped in Mariupol broken up by the Ukrainian authorities. They would rather their husbands were evacuated than become martyrs. Male protestors are being press-ganged into the military.

Never forget that there are cunts on both sides.

Protests by Wives of solidiers trapped in Mariupol broken up by the Ukrainian authorities. They would rather their husbands were evacuated than become martyrs. Male protestors are being press-ganged into the military.

Never forget that there are cunts on both sides.

Much as I can appreciate their distress, I do wonder what they think the Ukrainian authorities can do?

Back
Top Bottom