Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Heh. Supposing for a moment they could actually do that, there's no country in the world that would mourn our descent into Doggerland. Low-lying parts of nearby states would resent the fact we'd provoked it though, as they'd be swamped. Might slop a bit into the NYC subway. Might even splash Baltic states - oops.
:D

So apparently as well as killing one general, Ukraine injured the Chief of Staff of the whole Russian army, General Gerasimov, he of Putin's long table fame.

They were too late to get Gerasimov apparently, but the other general is virtually confirmed.

The Ukrainians have taken out a couple of Russia patrol ships.

Two Russian Navy’s Raptor high-speed patrol boats have sunk in the Black Sea, according to the commander in chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces Valeriy Zaluzhnyy.

“Today, two Russian boats of the Raptor class were sunk at dawn today near Zmіiny island,” Zaluzhnyy said.

In footage from the commander in chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, it is claimed forces blow up two boats of project 03160 (code “Raptor”) near Ukraine’s Zmiinyi Island, or Snake Island, in the western Black Sea.

Wow. You'd think the Russians might have slightly improved their counter intelligence operation, seeing as how many top brass they are losing. Haven't they heard of burner phones? Or zoom meetings?
Some of this intelligence is probably coming from someone other than the Ukrainians. It would be interesting to know the amount of time it takes for officer meetings and the response time to position Ukrainian artillery.

Some of this intelligence is probably coming from someone other than the Ukrainians. It would be interesting to know the amount of time it takes for officer meetings and the response time to position Ukrainian artillery.
Pentagon has already stated its sharing "real time" intel with Ukraine. But it seems nobody has let any Russian staff officers know about this.

Given the amount of US air assets that seem to be flying around outside the borders of Ukraine, it seems likely that there is a lot of intelligence being gathered, and that's before we consider satellite imagery, too. And it does seem to be something of an open secret in Ukrainian media that targeting information is being relaid to them by foreign powers (presumably the US).

I haven't seen any corroboration for it, but one suggestion I've seen quite a few times is that the Hostomel operation by Russia in the early days of the "special military operation" went badly wrong because the Ukrainian military was getting advance warning of the arrival of paratroopers. Rumours abound of large transport aircraft heading for Hostomel being shot down, but it seems odd that there has been no evidence of this, particularly as it would be likely that they were downed over Ukrainian territory. What is undeniable is that some kind of elite force went in there, briefly took control, and were then counterattacked and repulsed by Ukrainian forces, which does tend to smell a bit like a "fizzle" - an operation that went off at half cock - and left a scouting/advance party isolated and vulnerable without the arrival of its expected reinforcements.

An alternative, simpler, explanation might simply be that the Russian military command comprehensively underestimated the likelihood of Ukrainian resistance...

I assumed the reason us/uk are getting all these livid frothing nuke threats is because they are coordinating all the tactical strikes for the Ukrainians.
I'd even suggest these explosions in Russia are them too via hacking and or Russian assets being paid big money to do it.
I'd love it but I don't buy the plucky Ukrainian acting independently.
It is all NATO led.

I assumed the reason us/uk are getting all these livid frothing nuke threats is because they are coordinating all the tactical strikes for the Ukrainians.
I'd even suggest these explosions in Russia are them too via hacking and or Russian assets being paid big money to do it.
I'd love it but I don't buy the plucky Ukrainian acting independently.
It is all NATO led.
NATO assisted rather than NATO led.

Saying it's NATO led is just playing into the false narrative that the Ukrainians are being coerced into resisting against their collective will, and against their interests. If Ukraine didn't have the will and the wherewithal to resist in the way they have been, NATO wouldn't be involved anywhere near to this extent.

Back
Top Bottom