Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

This is really good and we'll argued.

Complete thread here, which you can Google translate easily enough: Thread by @ian_matveev on Thread Reader App
That's very interesting and encouraging worryingly partisan. Do you know anything about the guy - I couldn't work out which one he was via Google. He admits it's only a 'couch analysis' but he's clearly batting for Ukraine.
Hasn't Google translate come on by leaps and bounds these past couple of years? It's brilliant with this.

Hasn't Google translate come on by leaps and bounds these past couple of years? It's brilliant with this.

My thought last night when I tried translate on some of those tweets. Expected something a bit garbled that I could get the gist of, but was surprised when it came out in quite natural english. I wondered if it was Google translate getting a lot better, or just something about that guy's writing style that means it translates easily.

My thought last night when I tried translate on some of those tweets. Expected something a bit garbled that I could get the gist of, but was surprised when it came out in quite natural english. I wondered if it was Google translate getting a lot better, or just something about that guy's writing style that means it translates easily.
It could be that someone had been through it earlier, or similar phrases from elsewhere if not the whole lot, and suggested improvements to Google translate, which is capable of learning. GT is much better with commonly used languages, and those where most speakers also speak English (eg Dutch), clunkier with others.
/derail

This is a bit shocking. Vlad is clearly signalling he doesn't give a shit about the UN
Speaks volumes that Russia is expending military resources seemingly to express Putin's personal frustration with the UN when it is supposed to be fighting a war.

Tuesday: "We're trying to negotiate a humanitarian corridor to get civilians out of Mariupol."

Thursday: "We're trying to negotiate a humanitarian corridor to get the United Nations secretary-general out of Kyiv."

To be fair, Jenkins is something of an appeaser - and what Truss said was very similar to what Lloyd Austin (US SecDef) is saying, and no one is slagging him off.

(I think Truss is somewhere between Trump and a pot of cold soup - I'm not a fan).

Yes we have a twat who thinks he can channel Churchill as PM and a contender for the job who thinks she can channel Thatcher
She does share Thatchers spiteful and vindictive side though, something not useful in the current atmosphere

Biden’s reply to Vlad’s chest beating…

Basically he’s telling Russia to have a go if they think they’re hard enough.

Easy for him to do, there’s not a hope in hell their shitty military would be able to deliver a nuke to the US. Europe on the other hand is not where Biden and his people are.

I have been on the hawkish side of things with Vlad’s nukes, I don’t think they can deliver any of them to where they’d like them to go bang. Hell of a risk though.
He could get Alaska quite easily ... Bering Sea not that big ... /just saying

Cobasna ammunition depot - Wikipedia Did not know this, Transnistria is sitting on a (non-nuclear) arms depot which if it exploded would be the equivalent of Hiroshima. :(
Most of it is useless now and the significant risk of it going up if it’s own accord is rising each day. It’s late former sov blok gear that was shoddy when it was new and getting shoddier by the day

Back
Top Bottom