Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

This is grim news, but not exactly surprising, he's determined to make a sizeable land grab.

Austria’s chancellor said a meeting with Vladimir Putin has left him “not optimistic” that a diplomatic solution to the war in Ukraine was in sight, as the Russian president was trapped in his own logic about the nature of the conflict.

Karl Nehammer, of the conservative Austrian People’s Party, met with Putin for around 75 minutes in Novo-Ogaryovo on Monday, making him the first European Union leader to meet the Russian president since the start of the war.

In a conversation Nehammer described as “direct, open and tough”, Nehammer said he had told Putin the EU would increase sanctions as long as there were further casualties in the war, and had raised his impressions from Bucha, which he had visited ahead of the trip to Russia.

Putin outright rejected the Bucha allegations, Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper reported, claiming they were false flag attacks put on by the Ukrainian side.

“Putin has massively arrived in a mindset whose logic is determined by war, and is acting accordingly”, Nehammer told Austrian press. Nonetheless the Russian president continued to reject the term “war”. LINK

Bloody crazy. :(

Russia's Christian fash channel Tsargrad has a new documentary on a prophecy from Isaiah, which it claims is 'extremely relevant for our national security in the 21st century' :( "Пророчество о нацбезопасности": Раскрыта тайна пророка Исаии — отец Андрей Ткачёв

Last edited:
Russia's Christian fash channel Tsargrad has a new documentary on a prophecy from Isaiah, which it claims is 'extremely relevant for our national security in the 21st century' :( [link deleted]
Alas, no english subtitles on that video. Any idea what passage in Isaiah? At the moment Putin is looking more like Sennacherib.

Last edited:
According to Putin, they are helping and saving people. :facepalm: Clearly no chance of peace in the foreseeable future. :mad:

Vladimir Putin has justified Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, saying he had taken “the right decision”. The Russian president is visiting Vostochny Cosmodrome in the Amur Oblast in Russia’s far east. Reuters quotes Putin saying about the country’s military operation in Ukraine:

"Its goals are absolutely clear and noble. On the one hand, we are helping and saving people, and on the other, we are simply taking measures to ensure the security of Russia itself. It’s clear that we didn’t have a choice. It was the right decision." LINK

Last edited:
Hard to know the truth behind all this, whether Putin is rescuing beleaguered ethnic Russians or deporting people against their will. But one can guess.
Horrific:
Putin 'sends thousands of Ukrainians to remote corners of Russia'

Archived here: archive.ph

Somebody in US senate needs to shine some day light on US policy on biolabs. Don't mean it's huge conspiricy or whatever but funding US government funding figures for labs in Ukraine AND Wuhan 600k..needs better explaining. Doesn't seem enough to run one and that it's same sum indicates it's arbitrary grant from a policy...policy needs better explaining

I fell asleep with Youtube on autoplay the other night and woke up to hear a Russian spokesperson at a UN meeting, denying all the war crimes so far. Bucha all false flag; Azov Nazis using the theatre as a base; human shields, preventing civillions from leaving;. That many civillions in Mariapol had chosen to be evacuated to Russia rather than go to western Ukraine. It was bizarre and sinister.

Quite cautious thread from a chemical weapons expert on the Mariupol allegations. Worth saying as well that if this is proven untrue, Azov dont (necessarily) have to be 'lying' either - mariupol is a toxic, smoking ruin at the moment and those symptoms could have come about just through being in that environment

Last edited:

Quite cautious thread from a chemical weapons expert on the Mariupol allegations. Worth saying as well that if this is proven untrue, Azov dont (necessarily) have to be 'lying' either - mariupol is a toxic, smoking ruin at the moment and those symptoms could have come about just through being in that environment

Mix in a dose of fear and panic, and yeah, would not be surprising if something environmental was miss-attributed to chemical weapons.

zahir, could you try finding videos on this that are not from Azov? Or is posting fash videos on Urban75 all right now, just as long as they support Ukraine?
Seconded. Please don't.

Azov probably deserves its own thread. It is a despicable organisation and its existence does the Ukrainian cause a huge amount of harm, however heroic the individual actions of its members might have been recently. And it is very keen on spreading its message however it can.

zahir, could you try finding videos on this that are not from Azov? Or is posting fash videos on Urban75 all right now, just as long as they support Ukraine?
That's the evidence such as it is for the use of chemical weapons. Given that Mariupol is under siege and looks set to fall fairly soon there probably won't be any other evidence.

Tbf there's a considerable debate among researchers as to how much of a fascist organisation the regiment itself actually is tho, some of the worst offenders having been kicked out after 2014 when the Ukrainian national guard took control of it, but with there still being some links. Some (a lot?) of members are definitely dodgy but I'm not convinced its anything like the Russian claims.

The founders of it like Biletsky, who left/were kicked out definitely like to piggyback on its popularity within Ukraine and use it to further their agenda, there's some dispute as to what links if any there still are to nationalist groups with some like Shekhontsov playing down any connection and Colborne saying that there definitely are strong ties to groups like Biletskys far right National Corps party. I have no idea tbh, but suspect that the truth is somewhat in the middle, I don't think every member of that regiment is fash tbh - Greeks, Jews and other ethnic minorities have joined the Azov regiment, and they are unlikely to be Nazis. But then again their official twitter account follows Biletskys National Corps party which many of its veterans have joined :hmm: There's also far right pro Ukrainian groups fighting around there that are much more clearly affiliated to the movement's original founders.

Theres also nationalist groups in Ukraine that are indisputably fash like the Misanthropic Division etc who have been documented attacking migrants since the war started but not received nearly as much attention.

In any case sorry Yeah I've broken the link to that Tsargrad thing I posted above as they really are indisputably fash, could you edit your post where you quoted it bluescreen ?

Edited to add a bit more detail

Last edited:
Tbf there's a considerable debate among researchers as to how much of a fascist organisation the regiment itself actually is tho, some of the worst offenders having been kicked out after 2014 when the Ukrainian national guard took control of it, but with there still being some links. Some members are definitely dodgy but I'm not convinced its anything like the Russian claims.

In any case sorry Yeah I've broken the link to that Tsargrad thing I posted above as they really are indisputably fash, could you edit your post where you quoted it bluescreen ?
Will do.

ETA have deleted the link from my quote now I've found it.

Thats a sensible thread. I'm often much less cautious about mentioning lying or at least going on and on and on about propaganda, especially during war, because I figure that people here will understand that I'm focussed on such aspects and uncertainties. But that I also dont want to downplay terrible things that actually happen or actual victims, and I have to rely on people to know that about me. Even though I dont spend much time emphasising that other stuff, instead focussing on how to predict that stuff is bullshit or at least that certain conclusions are premature and open to crude propaganda misuse.

Anyway I note that an article from much earlier today had the following to say:

Ukraine's Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar said the government was investigating the allegations, adding that early assumptions suggested phosphorous ammunition had been used.

Phosphorus is not classed as a chemical weapon under the Chemical Weapons Convention, but using it as an incendiary weapon near civilians would be illegal.

And I'd say that article is fairly typical of the current western medias stance in regards this story. They dont want to dismiss the possibility out of hand, and the politicians are keen to continue to talk tough about the implications of chemical attacks, but there isnt currently any detail of substance which can make the claims more watertight or turn this into the top war story of the day.

Back
Top Bottom