Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Russian military sources are saying that Ukraine is planning a "provocation" in a town called Oleksandrivka. This is roughly in the area north of Kherson were the Ukrainian military is making gains.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what the reality is likely to be. At the same time, it suggests that generals have knowledge of what has gone on and where.

There’s a self-fulfilling prophecy at work. We have to get the Nazis. The people resisted. Conclusion, the Nazi problem was worse than we thought. Kill them all.

Exactly what we did in Afghanistan.

Difference is if you took part in that shitshow you can still come on here and pontificate about other people's war crimes while posing as some kind of neutral authority.

Kenya the UXO compo same training grounds were used by Kenyan and US forces.
The mass rape allegation came from the same law firm as the Battle of Danny boy enquiry🤬 you know where millions were wasted on total. Lies. It went about as well as you could imagine if you go looking for cases saying there's free money from the British in a very poor country. 😡.
There may have been cases to answer but finding evidence

Kenya the UXO compo same training grounds were used by Kenyan and US forces.
The mass rape allegation came from the same law firm as the Battle of Danny boy enquiry🤬 you know where millions were wasted on total. Lies. It went about as well as you could imagine if you go looking for cases saying there's free money from the British in a very poor country. 😡.
There may have been cases to answer but finding evidence

I wasn't suggesting for a moment that American or Kenyan forces were not as capable of raping and murdering as British or Russian forces. As to "poor countries" well being poor and marginalised in a poor country makes it much easier for those with power and the support of a bureaucracy to commit crimes.

Agnes Wanjiru was a young Kenyan woman murdered by a British soldier who then dumped her body in a septic tank. He confessed to the crime but never faced trial as his military superiors decided to cover up the crime. There are no suggestions that I've heard blaming sleazy lawyers for inventing this crime

Last edited:
Exactly what we did in Afghanistan.

Difference is if you took part in that shitshow you can still come on here and pontificate about other people's war crimes while posing as some kind of neutral authority.

You can oppose more than one imperial aggressor.

On the basis that an injury to one is an injury to all, sure we can ‘pontificate’ about the Russian Army’s crimes. You can rightly get upset about the Ukrainian army breaching the Geneva convention too, but that won’t mean they kicked the whole thing off.

Still, my eyebrows lifted straight up when Gordon Brown was on the TV demanding war crimes investigations or Condeleeza Rice talked about invading a sovereign country as being the absolute opposite of international law. So point taken.

I feel like this next phase in the east will define the war. Putin didn't send all these troops in to end up with what he had already stolen but the land bridge would be something. Ukraine can win. They can break the land bridge and then push into Crimea and Donbass. Russia can't fight forever.

British weapons makers doing quite well out of it all.

'Impressive'

The best performer is BAE Systems, with its share price up an impressive 29.4% since the year began. BAE’s share price witnessed a strong and steady opening during the first few weeks of 2022, before surging in late February when the Russian tanks entered Ukraine.

British weapons makers doing quite well out of it all.

'Impressive'

That's just capitalism isn't it though? That is the kind of of stuff that gets jumped on by conspiracy theorists as proof it's all some planned money making scheme by, well we know who they normally blame...

The fuckers are probably supplying both sides here. I wonder the UK govt has imposed sanctions on weapons supplies to Putin?

Russia has a very well developed internal arms industry.

That's just capitalism isn't it though? That is the kind of of stuff that hgets jumped on by conspiracy theorists as proof it's all some planned money making scheme by, well we know who they normally blame...

Russia has a very well developed internal arms industry.

I wasn't suggesting it's a conspiracy, and I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist. My barber's theory on Covid was that it was all cooked up by Pfizer. Er, no. Put the scissors down and we'll discuss.

But yes, its capitalism, I was just pointing out how depressing it is. I'm sure many of us have pensions whose funds invest in these sort of companies unfortunately.

Apparently most people in Ukraine learn both languages in parallel from infancy.
Wasn't it required for Soviet bloc countries to learn Russian? That's what we were told in Russian class. It makes sense. One of our professors was from Yugoslavia. A tutor was from Uzbekistan and she said the same. I imagine it remains worthwhile to keep teaching in school for business and culture.

The fuckers are probably supplying both sides here. I wonder if the UK govt has imposed sanctions on weapons supplies to Putin?
It did, straight after crimea. Didn’t entirely stop the sales though

I wasn't suggesting for a moment to hat American or Kenyan forces were not as capable of raping and murdering than British or Russian forces. As to "poor countries" well being poor and marginalised in a poor country makes it much easier for those with power and the support of a bureaucracy to commit crimes.

Agnes Wanjiru was a young Kenyan woman murdered by a British soldier who then dumped her body in a septic tank. He confessed to the crime but never faced trial as his military superiors decided to cover-up the crime. There are no suggestions that I've heard blaming sleazy lawyers for inventing this crime

Two diffrent cases.
Murder case one thing.

The mass rape investigation Collapsed due to the actions of ambulance chasing lawyers contaminating any evidence.

Back
Top Bottom