Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

has been used and common usage are two rather different things. i have used knives to open lids of golden syrup tins, but i don't suppose that's the common usage of knives. you made out that the dominant (common) use today was for a) leftists b) unconditionally supporting anti-western actions. it's not plain yours is the common usage, as you declared it to be
That's selective quoting, the full phrase is 'In recent times, the term has been used across the political spectrum and in a geopolitical context' which actually implies more widespread usage (across the political spectrum!) than its previous more specific meaning. It's this kind of pointless needling and refusal to admit that you might be wrong (and you are) that does you no favours.

That's selective quoting, the full phrase is 'In recent times, the term has been used across the political spectrum and in a geopolitical context' which actually implies more widespread usage (across the political spectrum!) than its previous more specific meaning. It's this kind of pointless needling and refusal to admit that you might be wrong (and you are) that does you no favours.
all quoting is by definition selective. and what you're saying makes it clearer not that i am wrong in this instance but that rimbaud is, being as he was more restrictive in his definition than that advanced on wikipedia.

The lesson of this recent diversion should be that perhaps it is not a good idea to use terms such as "tankie". It does not really further the debate to use them.
I'd rather we not use cutesy names and designations at all when we're having any serious discussion threads. see also: "Keith", "Shammer" and really any use of people's first names exclusively (unless they only have the one).

Hurriedly checks to see if he's used "tankie" ever. Ah, only in jest.

I'd rather we not use cutesy names and designations at all when we're having any serious discussion threads. see also: "Keith", "Shammer" and really any use of people's first names exclusively (unless they only have the one).

since the depths of starmer's depravity have become clearer i have ceased using shammer as it does not capture the man's iniquity

My only reservation is that having serious discussions could well exclude a fair number of posters from this thread .

When I first heard the term I assumed it was about an alleged penchant sleeveless pullovers. I only discovered later that it was about the supporting tanks rolling into Prague.

all quoting is by definition selective. and what you're saying makes it clearer not that i am wrong in this instance but that rimbaud is, being as he was more restrictive in his definition than that advanced on wikipedia.
Come on, man, you are being rather stupid about this. Knock it off.

Where’s some nice Legionella bacteria when you need it? Let’s hope the guys whose job it is to clean the air conditioning unit out got mobilised to the front six months ago,

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom