Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

If the shells are of the quality that the article suggests, they may - long term - do more harm to the Russian front line in terms of supply issues for needing more shells to do the job, more frequent barrel replacements, actual danger to Russian troops, etc. But that's not a lot of help short term to the people they're being fired at, and that's if the quality is what's being said (or worse).

Given that Russia’s conditions for a ceasefire are, in essence, “give us half the country”, I’d say that describing “negotiate for a ceasefire and take it from there” as being identical to “give half the country to Russia” is actually pretty accurate.

If the shells are of the quality that the article suggests, they may - long term - do more harm to the Russian front line in terms of supply issues for needing more shells to do the job, more frequent barrel replacements, actual danger to Russian troops, etc. But that's not a lot of help short term to the people they're being fired at, and that's if the quality is what's being said (or worse).
In the long term we're all dead
--j maynard keynes

Out of curiosity, what do you think Russia should do to end the war?
For me and I suspect for TopCat negotiations would have to occur before an armistice and then further negotiations would occur before peace resumes - that's certainly how I'd envisage it and any suggestion of a unilateral Russian withdrawal from current positions seems like pie in the sky thinking

Given that Russia’s conditions for a ceasefire are, in essence, “give us half the country”, I’d say that describing “negotiate for a ceasefire and take it from there” as being identical to “give half the country to Russia” is actually pretty accurate.

Give them half the country for now and let them regroup and come back for the rest later.

It's all very well shipping Ukraine all this material but it is rather harder to supply them with people to use it

That won't be necessary if donors stop fucking about and give it to them quickly enough.

The solution to their dwindling manpower is to kill attacking Russians at a far greater rate. At the moment they have the manpower but not the weaponry.

Back
Top Bottom