Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Actually, North Korean TV does have its moments

war film at around 02.52.44 just after the weather

ROK has been strengthening defence contracting with Europe (particularly eastern Europe and Poland specifically, where I think they were licensing production of a K2 tank variant) since, iirc, fairly early in this conflict... So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. It does make Putin's move here all the more baffling, but perhaps he's just banking on shear volume now from DPRK stocks vs ROK production/desire to stockpile. Not a gamble I'd want to make, fortunately would be a very weird set of circumstances that ended with me having to consider it.

Yup - huge Polish orders for ROK gear - 40+ light fighters, 280 MLRS trucks, a thousand tanks, and nearly 500 self-propelled artillery pieces.

Russia's reason for going to DPRK is artillery ammunition production, but also just its vast, endless stockpiles - the money is on DPRK being able to give Ru about four million rounds this year, and this is a deeply paranoid regime - if they can lose 4 million, they've got a lot more...

Yup - huge Polish orders for ROK gear - 40+ light fighters, 280 MLRS trucks, a thousand tanks, and nearly 500 self-propelled artillery pieces.

Russia's reason for going to DPRK is artillery ammunition production, but also just its vast, endless stockpiles - the money is on DPRK being able to give Ru about four million rounds this year, and this is a deeply paranoid regime - if they can lose 4 million, they've got a lot more...
If only the UK and USA had been as foresighted as that benighted country.

That could be a massive own goal. SK has stayed mostly out of it up until now. Their home arms industry is quite high tech and well developed.
South Korea has been supplying artillery shells to the US and other countries, who in turn are supplying Ukraine with their own stuff. Essentially backfilling the stocks of places that have given, so they are indirectly supporting the delivery of shells. I suspect they’ve already increased production to deal with this demand, who knows if they’ll supply directly, it probably doesn’t matter if they continue to enable others. Maybe just as a political message.

Back
Top Bottom