Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

what am i saying? i just got a car. just scare the horse by papping the horn, then follow til he falls off, then run him over. jobsagudden.
Congratulations, by the way, for having at some point in your life chased fascists through train stations. Sincerely.

But have a think about how you got from there to playing, pretty convincingly, the role of an internet cheerleader for an actual fascist state.

Last edited:
My position is :

I don’t buy into Putins cynical manipulation whereby the sacrifices of millions of Russians in defeating the Nazis are used as a justification for the 2022 invasion.

I don’t buy into the cynical manipulation by the nationalists in Ukraine where streets are named after those who fought on the same side as the Nazis and carried out pogroms even though the vast majority of Ukrainians fought against them.

I want to remember the sacrifices of mainly millions of working class people from the states of Allied Forces who defeated fascism without supporting the actions of of those states post 1945. The division of Europe by the ‘great powers’ led to anti fascist forces being undermined and attacked in order to advance the interests of those states over progressive forces. Similarly, I can remember those sacrifices despite those states post war records of invasions , occupations, fighting those who wanted independence from their empires and undermining democracies and supporting coups.
And whilst we're about it let's all remember how Russia allied with Nazi Germany in 1939, invading and partitioning Poland. Later invading Finland, the Baltic states and Rumania. Stalin ordered all the Communist parties of Europe to agitate against war with Germany, not that they all complied, and would have been quite happy Co-existing with Hitler for decades given the chance. Let's remember everything.

And whilst we're about it let's all remember how Russia allied with Nazi Germany in 1939, invading and partitioning Poland. Later invading Finland, the Baltic states and Rumania. Stalin ordered all the Communist parties of Europe to agitate against war with Germany, not that they all complied, and would have been quite happy Co-existing with Hitler for decades given the chance. Let's remember everything.
Is this for two minutes? Shall we stand, solemn?

Kevin , I'm a neither Moscow nor Washington type and have been since the mid/late 70s.

tbf was going to come back last night and go so on the fence fella

but thought it was at least nice typed out

Back
Top Bottom