Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

theres lots of reasons but ive got a glass of guiness and a packet of pork crunch on the go so i cant be arsed.
but whatever the ins and outs, what would happen if they did prevail?
Then they would control Ukraine and we move on to the next chapter, in which Russia is dominates the globe due to its mighty army. It's unlikely, though.

if Ukraine falls, any action on the gap and the whole of NATO would have to respond as it would be isolating 3 members to Russia and Belarus armed forces

and the outcome would not be welcomed by anyone

hmm who is on this thread asking for the break up of Russia :hmm:

oh wait i forgot some people think Ukraine is part of Russia

:facepalm:

I'd like to see the Chechens free to decide their own future and given the right to see those suspected of being responsible for the bombing of Grozny and other war crimes put on trial.

theres lots of reasons ....

I'd love to hear some of them, Kerm.

Russia has been fought pretty much to a standstill by Ukraine alone, albeit with significant military assistance from elsewhere. The main reason they've made recent gains is because the will to fund/arm UKR was questioned and delayed. That's now changed, at least for the moment. Russia has demonstrated very clearly that they are in no way whatsoever a superpower in terms of conventional warfare. They’re actually rather poorly led and equipped and would likely be no match for France or Poland, let alone a combined NATO force that included Germany, UK, USA, et al.

Set-out the scenario where you believe 'Russia beats The West'.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Chechens free to decide their own future and given the right to see those suspected of being responsible for the bombing of Grozny and other war crimes put on trial.

fair point tim have you been bring this up repeatedly on this thread in relation to Ukraine war :hmm:

Ukraine has six months left, former British army officer warns​

08:42 , Alexander Butler

Western aid will not allow Ukraine to seize the initiative and go back onto the offensive against Russia, a former British army officer warned.

Richard Kemp, who served from 1977 to 2006, said US and UK munitions would let Kyiv stabilise the front line but would not allow them to take back land seized by Moscow.

He warned if Moscow was able to achieve “significant success” by summer, there would be no more appetite for Western spending on Ukraine by the winter.

“While the new aid packages might allow that to be blunted, they will not enable Ukraine to seize the initiative and go back onto the offensive,” Mr Kemp wrote in the Daily Telegraph

Western aid will not allow Ukraine to seize the initiative and go back onto the offensive against Russia, a former British army officer warned.

Richard Kemp, who served from 1977 to 2006, said US and UK munitions would let Kyiv stabilise the front line but would not allow them to take back land seized by Moscow.

He warned if Moscow was able to achieve “significant success” by summer, there would be no more appetite for Western spending on Ukraine by the winter.

“While the new aid packages might allow that to be blunted, they will not enable Ukraine to seize the initiative and go back onto the offensive,” Mr Kemp wrote in the Daily Telegraph
There’s no shortage of ex-military types willing to say something edgy for the papers for a bit of cash, so that the papers can gain a few clicks. It’s the Telegraph ffs.

There’s no shortage of ex-military types willing to say something edgy for the papers for a bit of cash, so that the papers can gain a few clicks. It’s the Telegraph ffs.

Including the head of the Ukraine army and head of US army, clickbait merchants yeah

The reality is clear and long has been, it's only been war fever and propaganda that has painted any other picture

if you want to airbrush them all aside and keep living in the Ukraine is winning fantasy crack on

On one level it's irrelevant what you or I perceive, but where it truly becomes important is in the fact that as a public instead of resisting escalation and the new arms race this narrative just takes us ever nearer to all out war.

Its never too late for peace

Including the head of the Ukraine army and head of US army, clickbait merchants yeah

The reality is clear and long has been, it's only been war fever and propaganda that has painted any other picture

if you want to airbrush them all aside and keep living in the Ukraine is winning fantasy crack on

On one level it's irrelevant what you or I perceive, but where it truly becomes important is in the fact that as a public instead of resisting escalation and the new arms race this narrative just takes us ever nearer to all out war.

Its never too late for peace
You must recognise this model of media income generation though? There’s no shortage of military experts (from both sides of the argument) willing to provide clickbaity headlines for whoever pays them. Plenty that had Ukraine finished in three days, or that Russia wouldn’t invade, or that Russia is out of ammo, or that a few western tanks would turn the tide. I just wouldn’t put much faith in any of this type of reporting, someone’s distant military past doesn’t make them authoritative, there’s plenty of evidence that they haven’t been over the last few years.

Richard Keep the fella who like to call catholics taigs

well fuck him

I'd love to hear some of them, Kerm.

Russia has been fought pretty much to a standstill by Ukraine alone, albeit with significant military assistance from elsewhere. The main reason they've made recent gains is because the will to fund/arm UKR was questioned and delayed. That's now changed, at least for the moment. Russia has demonstrated very clearly that they are in no way whatsoever a superpower in terms of conventional warfare. They’re actually rather poorly led and equipped and would likely be no match for France or Poland, let alone a combined NATO force that included Germany, UK, USA, et al.

Set-out the scenario where you believe 'Russia beats The West'.
russia is not at a standstill, it is gaining ground at an accelerating pace. russia now has a bigger army than before and now they are battle hardened. poorly led i will file with running out of missiles.

Yeah, not sure this guy qualifies as the measured voice of reason

View attachment 421619
The decision on beards I think gives away the UK government's true intentions. History has shown that if you want to force Russia out of Crimea you need some decent fuzz.
moustache-crimea-300x239.jpg

Back
Top Bottom