Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

This isn't really true and relies on quite a bit of jiggery-pokery, and an extremely tolerant definition of "at war with". For example, you need to count all of Spain's former colonial assets as "Spain", so that's the whole of South America. If you do that, you might as well include Portugal, which was under Spanish rule for 60 years in the 16th century.
The years 1600-1640 traditionally considered to be in the seventeenth century

That's not strictly true, you pulled it out of your arse

so anyways getting away from the contested subject of the variable conversion rate of how many bridges do you get per number of magic beans

would you like to explain how any historical action taken by another country gives Russia the right to invade Ukraine ?

or where you just asking out of your own arse when you started remaking ," well England has attacked smaller countries in the past"

may as well attempt to stay on track for 5 minutes:)

so anyways getting away from the contested subject of the variable conversion rate of how many bridges do you get per number of magic beans

would you like to explain how any historical action taken by another country gives Russia the right to invade Ukraine ?

or where you just asking out of your own arse when you started remaking ," well England has attacked smaller countries in the past"

may as well attempt to stay on track for 5 minutes:)
We have discussed above - we the urban community - the precedent set by the us invasion of Iraq in 2003. Perhaps you might care to read the thread, it could prevent you looking like a plonker. My post about the UK was not countries have a right but this is what happens, even if in recent years it's fallen somewhat out of favour

Nobody's really bothering to rebut my comparison. It's all very well to talk conspiratorially about "who's funding each side" [OMINOUS MUSIC SWELLS] but I'm more interested in what's actually happening in terms of

a smaller, weaker nation being attacked by a larger, more powerful neighbour that does not recognize its autonomy and considers its independence a threat

and how that compares to other, similar conflicts eg. Israel in Gaza

(I think I'm setting myself up for disappointment even asking tbf)

Nobody's really bothering to rebut my comparison. It's all very well to talk conspiratorially about "who's funding each side" [OMINOUS MUSIC SWELLS] but I'm more interested in what's actually happening in terms of

and how that compares to other, similar conflicts eg. Israel in Gaza

(I think I'm setting myself up for disappointment even asking tbf)
The thing is Israel isn't really a neighbour of the Palestinians. They pop round uninvited all the time and limit the food that can come in and so on. Even tho the zionists formally left many years ago they just haven't been able to stay away. The russian relationship with Ukraine has been marked with great brutality eg the famine of the 1930s, but since 1991 Ukraine has been an internationally recognised state with the various abilities that provides. You can't say the same of Palestine.

we q
We have discussed above - we the urban community - the precedent set by the us invasion of Iraq in 2003. Perhaps you might care to read the thread, it could prevent you looking like a plonker. My post about the UK was not countries have a right but this is what happens, even if in recent years it's fallen somewhat out of favour

the us invasion of Iraq justified Russia invading the Ukraine .. right..

don't remember Iraqi Nazis being a thing in either war

:hmm:

The thing is Israel isn't really a neighbour of the Palestinians. They pop round uninvited all the time and limit the food that can come in and so on. Even tho the zionists formally left many years ago they just haven't been able to stay away.

Obtuse.

neighbour n.[c] /ˈneɪ.bə/ us
1. someone who lives very close to you:
Some of the neighbours have complained about the noise from our party.
Have you met Pat, my next-door neighbour?

2. a country that is next to another country:
The relationship between Scotland and its southern neighbour (= England) has not always been peaceful.

I'm using the second definition since even though Gaza isn't a recognised 'country' as such I still think it fits. Neighbouring territory, if you prefer.

we q

the us invasion of Iraq justified Russia invading the Ukraine

which invasion btw the first Iraq war or the second

don't remember Iraqi Nazis being a thing in either war

:hmm:
I didn't say it justified it. I said it set a precedent. You asked what gives them the right, not what justifies something. The police have the right to use force. But they (allegedly) have to justify its use. Do you understand the difference?

Which Iraq war I or ii? :facepalm: just fucking stfu. In 1991 the entire world allied against Iraq and got a un mandate and everything. Does that sound like the one I'm talking about? If you'd read the fucking thread you'd know, wouldn't you.

no in the space of 2 minutes I did not go.read a thread containing 1000s of replies from 2003 :FFS:

and here it was well Britian past actions last night and now cycling back to the states

I ask you for a justification and you had to pivot to precedent to make tenuous link to pass the buck to the united states for the current situation

might as well of started rambling on about NATO expansion

Obtuse.

neighbour n.[c] /ˈneɪ.bə/ us
1. someone who lives very close to you:
Some of the neighbours have complained about the noise from our party.
Have you met Pat, my next-door neighbour?

2. a country that is next to another country:
The relationship between Scotland and its southern neighbour (= England) has not always been peaceful.

I'm using the second definition since even though Gaza isn't a recognised 'country' as such I still think it fits. Neighbouring territory, if you prefer.
The position of the gaza strip vis a vis the zionists was a peculiar one before 7.10.23. It wasn't formally part of the ze, but the ze controlled entry and egress, determined how much food entered, surveilled the inhabitants and murdered and maimed them with impunity. The extent to which the zionists and Palestinians are separated enough to be termed neighbours is debatable, from the zionist pov the Palestinians seem to be more like squatters in a spare room. Since the zionists effectively control all the land from the river to the sea how are they neighbours? Its not for me the right word

So quick recap, so far we've had

1. But the US is the one funding Israel and Ukraine!

2. But the UK has been really bad too

3. But Gaza isn't really a neighbour of Israel.

I'm looking forward to more wriggling from anyone who can't admit that Israel and Russia are behaving in virtually the same way.

no in the space of 2 minutes I did not go.read a thread containing 1000s of replies from 2003 :FFS:

and here it was well Britian past actions last night and now cycling back to the states

I ask you for a justification and you had to pivot to precedent to make tenuous link to pass the buck to the united states for the current situation

might as well of started rambling on about NATO expansion
I don't think you have the wherewithal to understand the point I'm making.

if it involves going reading another thread of 1000s plus posts to find the point you are trying to make

I think I'll pass anyways :)

So quick recap, so far we've had

1. But the US is the one funding Israel and Ukraine!

2. But the UK has been really bad too

3. But Gaza isn't really a neighbour of Israel.

I'm looking forward to more wriggling from anyone who can't admit that Israel and Russia are behaving in virtually the same way.
I have said that my post about the UK wasn't intended as a justification of russia's actions. And my post about gaza was in response to you asking about your comparison. So really you've got 1) and that's it

anyways as an aide the Iraq war of 2003,
so illegal war started with a false narrative to bring about regime change to new leaders more favourable to invading forces

now some parallels of course but the did we still have people banging on and believe the us narrative that the war was about WMDs in 2005 :hmm:

still got people on the thread banging on about Nazi in Ukraine 2 years after the start of special operation

I have said that my post about the UK wasn't intended as a justification of russia's actions. And my post about gaza was in response to you asking about your comparison. So really you've got 1) and that's it

Actually yours were 2 and 3,1 came from TopCat and discokermit . Speaking of whom,

if you think this is irrelevant or conspiracy then i don't know what to tell you.

You could try telling me how Russia's behaviour is different from Israel's. Which is the point I'm trying to focus on :facepalm:

Nothings been disposed of, the posts are still there for all to read. None of them address the idea that Russia is behaving like Israel. Which it is.
Or the other way round. But your comparison was imo flawed as comparing very different situations. More apt comparisons might be Panama or Grenada with the USA playing the role of russia

Back
Top Bottom