Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

why would russia need to attack ukraines standing? ukraine is losing on the ground and if anything its support seems to be slowly dwindling. russia doesnt need to do anything, especially with such risks to their own side.
Because Ukraine is entirely dependent on the largesse* of the West, which has powerful factions within it calling to withdraw that largesse which will happily leap on any evidence that it's morally suspect as a reason to do so. Russia may or may not be on the path to grinding out a victory (as I've said, I disagree with you about whether that's predictable) but depriving Ukraine of solidarity is very much in its interests.

*Yes I know it's not real largesse and in fact comes with economic/cultural strings.

Because Ukraine is entirely dependent on the largesse of the West, which has powerful factions within it calling to withdraw that largesse which will happily leap on any evidence that it's morally suspect as a reason to do so. Russia may or may not be on the path to grinding out a victory (as I've said, I disagree with you about whether that's predictable) but depriving Ukraine of solidarity is very much in its interests.
i think the americans would know if the ukrainians had done it or not.

except for when that market got hit and you got hysterical about the russian murderers until it turned out to be ukrainian. then you went silent. along with all the other times you do it.
Do you agree that absolutely no one would have died in that market if Russian hadn't illegally invaded Ukraine?

A simple yes/no will suffice.

So naturally you're now going to condemn all these dangerous, nuclear related attacks or are you going to go the full Putin/Trump ticket and insist that it's all made up?

• FEBRUARY 2022: In the first hours of the invasion, Russia seized and subsequently looted the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant, using the site as a staging ground for its attempt to capture Kyiv.
  • FEBRUARY 2022: A Russian missile struck a radioactive source facility outside Kyiv.
  • SEPTEMBER 2022: Russia conducted strikes against the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant.
  • OCTOBER 2022: Massive Russian strikes occurred against Ukrainian energy infrastructure, threatening the reliability of offsite power to Ukraine’s nuclear power plants.
  • NOVEMBER 2022: Russian military strikes cause all of Ukraine’s operating nuclear power plants to lose offsite power and temporarily revert to emergency generators.
Still waiting for TopCat to condemn these confirmed attacks on nuclear-related facilities in Ukraine.

Still waiting for TopCat to condemn these confirmed attacks on nuclear-related facilities in Ukraine.
Succinctly list them. Your previous lists did not specify Russian attacks on nuclear plants. All this is just a stupid distraction from the reality you hope to avoid addressing. Ukrainian forces attacked the plant last night and put all of Europe at risk.

I asked who do you think did it not who do you know did it?
I gave you my answer.

If Ukraine is behind it, seeing as they are NATO puppets riddled with Nazis, it should be denounced.

If Russia is behind it, seeing as they are imperialists riddled with Nazis, it should be denounced.

Agreed?

I gave you my answer.

If Ukraine is behind it, seeing as they are NATO puppets riddled with Nazis, it should be denounced.

If Russia is behind it, seeing as they are imperialists riddled with Nazis, it should be denounced.

Agreed?
I think any forces attacking a nuclear reactor housing with drone bombs should be denounced.

Both the possibility that Ukraine did it to draw attention and that Russia did it to attack Ukraine's standing are plausible. It'd hardly be the first time a State has damaged its own property to serve a greater aim (and in fact given both of them lay claim to the thing that's definitely happened here, one way or the other).
And likely that we will never know. That something happened has been confirmed by International Atomic Energy Agency staff. Could Russia have detonated a drone in an area it thought would not cause serious damage? Dangerous to play games like that around a nuclear plant, but that goes for whoever did it. Then there is always the possiblity of a fuck up by one side or the other, of course.

Back
Top Bottom