Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

How much land would you give Putin?
It's such a stupid thing to say, it may surprise you to hear that it's not my position to give land to anyone, particularly confusing for armchair generals, I appreciate that.

Putin has won the land he has won, he won it two years ago, it's clear what territory it is, the UK general above understands it and names the territories... not sure what your confusion is.

If you're in the mood for asking questions the question is, as the general says, what is the exit strategy, what counts as a win, and how long do you want to drag the war on for and how many people do you want to throw in their graves... 25-27 year old are the next cohort due to the incoming recruitment age drop. For what? I'll answer that one, for absolutely nothing to change on the ground .

No doubt this member (and ex employee of?) NATO is actually a Russian spy or pro Putin bot or whatever the latest insult the war fan club throw at anyone who wants the bloodshed to stop.
If you actually read the article he is condemning the west for not giving Ukraine the resources it needs to win.

Also negotiation to end the war is fine if it includes security guarantees for the rest of Ukraine, but the Russia cheerleaders here don't seem interested in that.

putin phoned me and asked me how much of britain he could have. i gave him the entire eastern side of the country, up to and including birmingham. he said he didnt want birmingham but i said it was a dealbreaker.

Really, why are you talking so much shit? Women are being raped in front of their families who are then murdered, then the kids deported to Russia to be turned in to Russian fascists. And you think it's a fucking joke. Ha ha, DK, you are sick in the fucking head and a disgrace to these boards.

If Ukraine stopped receiving support from “the west “may be they would just say oh yeah fair enough sorry about that. come on in. we’re all brothers after all. Let’s not look at how you actually treat your brothers.

They have categorically made their views about being subjugated known, the mental gymnastics these dickheads who think that Russia is somehow giving the west a thoroughly deserved kicking by rampaging around committing war crimes is Icke level delusion, yet here they are, ignoring any pertinent questions asked of them. every.fucking.time.

Last edited:
It's such a stupid thing to say, it may surprise you to hear that it's not my position to give land to anyone, particularly confusing for armchair generals, I appreciate that.

Putin has won the land he has won, he won it two years ago, it's clear what territory it is, the UK general above understands it and names the territories... not sure what your confusion is.

If you're in the mood for asking questions the question is, as the general says, what is the exit strategy, what counts as a win, and how long do you want to drag the war on for and how many people do you want to throw in their graves... 25-27 year old are the next cohort due to the incoming recruitment age drop. For what? I'll answer that one, for absolutely nothing to change on the ground .
In the meantime, should Palestine just give in to Israel, or Ireland to the Brits?

They have categorically made their views about being subjugated known, the mental gymnastics these dickheads who think that Russia is somehow giving the west a thoroughly deserved kicking by rampaging around committing war crimes is Icke level delusion, yet here they are, ignoring any pertinent questions asked of them. every.fucking.time.
Yep, some decent posters here seem to be doubling down on it. Fucking shame.

In the meantime, should Palestine just give in to Israel, or Ireland to the Brits?

Yeah, the "Why can't these people accept that they have been dominated by a superior military force and stop resisting" line doesn't seem to apply to other conflicts - anybody who's read anything about the horrors the Russian invaders are inflicting on the civilian population shouldn't have much trouble understanding why the Ukrainians are unwilling to concede territory.

I think some of the loudest voices calling for Ukraine to surrender while ignoring or downplaying Russia's monstrous war crimes don't give much of a shit about either side but feel compelled to oppose the views of those they perceive as liberals - in this respect, they are no different from, and no better than, the far-right American lawmakers they are aligned with on this issue.

If you actually read the article he is condemning the west for not giving Ukraine the resources it needs to win.

Also negotiation to end the war is fine if it includes security guarantees for the rest of Ukraine, but the Russia cheerleaders here don't seem interested in that.
I did read the article. And I expect I’m being naive but the solution which means the fewest people die is surely the best for everyone? Which is what the general is saying.

I did read the article. And I expect I’m being naive but the solution which means the fewest people die is surely the best for everyone? Which is what the general is saying.
Yes, the Vietnamese should have just let America win so it was over sooner and all thos pro-war people who protested against the war where idiots and should have wanted more bombs dropped to end the war sooner.

You aresupporting mass murder, rape and torture. For you to try and claim others are the pro-war ones is absolutely disgusting, just fucking vile and on top of that well in your way down the conspiracy tabbit hole. I wouldn't be surprised if you support Trump as well

Yes, the Vietnamese should have just let America win so it was over sooner and all thos pro-war people who protested against the war where idiots and should have wanted more bombs dropped to end the war sooner.

You aresupporting mass murder, rape and torture. For you to try and claim others are the pro-war ones is absolutely disgusting, just fucking vile and on top of that well in your way down the conspiracy tabbit hole. I wouldn't be surprised if you support Trump as well
I want this war to end - that is not supporting mass murder that is wanting mass murder (which is what warfare is) to stop.

You seem to have a unique ability to interpret my posts on this topic as the very opposite of what I say.

I’ll settle for calling you a complete fucking idiot which you’ll probably take as wishing you a pleasant morning.

There's an article on RTP ( The Portuguese BBC) website today about the experience of Nepalese using human traffickers to take up Russia's offer of citizenship and salary for joining the army. The Nepalese government estimated 200 have gone but other sources say thousands. The traffickers are charging around 8k euros and the army pay is between 2,800-3,700 euros in contrast the average per capita income in Nepal is around 900 euros.

As to be expected returnees are saying that the training isn't what was promised, they are sent to fight quickly rather than gain any experience and they are often sent to the front of any attacks.
They’ve emptied the jails, disproportionately conscripted people from eastern regions, and now recruiting from Nepal, Syria and some African nations. Anything to keep the blood of ‘pure’ Russians from St Petersberg etc. from being spilled.

Really, why are you talking so much shit? Women are being raped in front of their families who are then murdered, then the kids deported to Russia to be turned in to Russian fascists. And you think it's a fucking joke. Ha ha, DK, you are sick in the fucking head and a disgrace to these boards.
Enough of your cohorts post nothing on this thread bar insults and shit jokes. Get off your high horse.

I want this war to end - that is not supporting mass murder that is wanting mass murder (which is what warfare is) to stop.
“Wouldn’t it be nice if everybody was nice” isn’t really an answer, though. There is a reality, which is that a fascist state decided to invade and then rape, murder and kidnap its way through the invaded country. Furthermore, attempts to appease this fascist state by letting it have land have (several times over ) already previously demonstrated the failure of this policy.

So given that reality, merely saying “I wish they wouldn’t do that” doesn’t really cut it. You need to think about how and why the actions you propose would lead to a lasting better outcome. How is “give up and let them have this land without any concessions” better for the invaded people? And that includes asking how it deals with the legitimisation of their suffering — failure to recognise such crimes inevitably results in the perpetuation of suffering down generations.

Both sides of this thread have been prone to making, imv, stupid accusations about the other's lack of care for civilians. In neither case is it true, and frankly a lot of you should dial this shit back imv. It's a disagreement over what's best in which we are all horrified bystanders, no-one here is a monster.

So calling for negotiations is supporting mass murder rape and torture? This is a disgraceful doubling down and you are a disgrace for uttering it.

Of course it is, but allowing Ukraine to become a Russian vassal or to be totally annexed by Russia will not lead to fewer people dying in the long term, and it seems that is effectively what some people here are suggesting as a solution - the softer apologists for Russia suggest Russia's peace plan as a solution which would leave Ukraine a vassal, and the real headbangers here don't bother to disguise their glee at Russian advances so seemingly want to see annexation.

Back
Top Bottom