Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Correct decision, I think. Did it bounce up off his fingers? Maybe, but you can't tell. SMith's a lucky boy as that was a genuine edge and hard hands. By rights it should have carried.

Yep Jimmy's done and should retire. One of the top 3/4 England fast bowlers of all time but time waits for no one.

Now an accurate seamer who can hold up one end with little if any penetration.

I do not see why the Aussies don't just do bazball themselves. Their batting lineup is vastly superior and really, so are their bowlers. What's the hold up. If Zak fucking Crawley can do that then I'm fairly David Warner can. Instead he's getting out with tame little strokes. Let them loose, whoever the fuck is coaching them these days.

It would indeed be a travesty if it was a draw but this is surely the ultimate vindication of McCullum/Stokes' approach. They could (and should) still win by an innings here which would be utterly insane.

Presumably England have looked at the weather forecast and feel there'll be enough play to get those last wickets. We'll see if course but I assume they've looked into it closer than we have. What I want to see over the next two days is that if it does clear long enough for fifteen minutes play here and there, then Mark Wood is bowling. No couple of overs each for Anderson and Broad, just maximise Wood's bowling time.

Presumably England have looked at the weather forecast and feel there'll be enough play to get those last wickets. We'll see if course but I assume they've looked into it closer than we have. What I want to see over the next two days is that if it does clear long enough for fifteen minutes play here and there, then Mark Wood is bowling. No couple of overs each for Anderson and Broad, just maximise Wood's bowling time.

80% chance of rain all day tomorrow. 70% chance of rain all day sunday. They did all they could though to be fair. But that's gonna rank as one of the most hollow of Ashes retentions ever.

I'm gonna argue that Bairstow's selection over Foakes is what cost this Ashes. Yes he played a good innings today. But the Sky stats yesterday showing how many runs he cost from his drops vs the runs he hit with the bat. That cost the Ashes. Sorry Jonny. That's the cold honest truth. England should not be 2-1 down at this point.

This is from the Mountain Weather Service for the Peak District on Sunday:

“Shower rain will come and go, but may cluster together to give a longer spell of rain, especially by afternoon and evening. Some heavy bursts may set in.“

There is hope for some play on Sunday. By Sunday the bowlers will have had 2 sleeps and should be bang up for it. The Aussies are going to be fucking miserable, they’re not conditioned for the Manc gloom.

Manchester is not in the Peak District. It does sit in the rain shadow of the peaks when there's an east wind, but the weather seems to be coming up from the south this weekend so that doesn't help much.

Remember to like and subscribe for more great half-remembered GCSE geography content.

Can I also say that I've absolutely fucking loved watching England this summer. It's been beautiful and Stokes is the man I would want to be. Even when we lost the first two. I fell out of love with cricket for a bit but am back now.

England have hammered Australia here for two days. Aus were also sub-par on the first day, though that could be attributed to England’s bowling too. It feels like such an injustice that the rain will gift them the urn.

However, because I’m petty and can’t let things go I’ll refer the readers to the first innings declaration at Edgbaston (again!). There’s no way England should be 1-2 down in this series. 1-1 or even 2-1 up now would be fine. The Aussies look done. Bowlers are fucked. Cummins mind scrambled (is Smith really captaining?). Key injury to Lyon. They’re for the taking but it’ll finish 2-2 at best!

Fuck

Manchester is not in the Peak District. It does sit in the rain shadow of the peaks when there's an east wind, but the weather seems to be coming up from the south this weekend so that doesn't help much.

Remember to like and subscribe for more great half-remembered GCSE geography content.

Very good but let us dream. Mountain weather forecasts are pretty good and are focused on giving a decent idea of the type and frequency of rain for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom