Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

471026-ashes.jpg

a quote from an article in a local rag
. North's leadership qualities and personable nature are admired by influential figures, and if he can find consistency with the bat he will be a strong chance to take over should Ponting retire before the 2013 Ashes - despite being older than Clarke.

He was a successful state captain.His failure with the bat this summer has astounded me,he was always reliable when good knocks were needed.Maybe he is thinking like a captain and is frustrated at obvious fielding placement blunders or bowling spells,position in the order,who knows

Their Christmases all come at once

OF THE Phoenix that was Australia in Perth, only ashes remain. The namesake trophy - once Australia's pride and joy - is again England's to parade as it sees fit. This time, there will be no miracle.

On a gloomy Boxing Day morning, England could afford to drop two catches before it had taken one, and blow both its statutory referrals against umpires' decisions, and wait out a rain interruption, and still demolish Australia for 98.

This was its lowest score against England on the MCG since the first ever Test, and its second-lowest against any team there. All 10 wickets were to catches behind the wicket, a detail that accurately reflects the skill and discipline of England's bowling and the technical inadequacy of Australia's batting.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/their-christmases-all-come-at-once-20101226-197xo.html

@liquidlunch Only Jimmy got any swing, the rest were line and length and your top order are either out of form or can't play test cricket

For shame!

Innit. It's a shocker. The only reason it wasn't a record crowd yesterday cos the members was proper empty.

Today it will be dead. At least they should relax the no moving through bays rules so the English should all get together more

Eta - well over ten thousand were there yesterday butchers, easy. We made so much noise. The aussies only have one song, boo there own players and only cheer siddle. Terrible fans

Seems a decent amount of people there for now. The aussie fans have disgraced themselves just as much as their team has this series. Gutless fuckheads.

Your girlfriend hates your mother
Your mother hates your girlfriend
Your family hates each other
The Johnson family

(to the tune of the addams family)

Even the aussies boo him out to bat.

Can I just clarify something (as Cook departs disappointingly)?

liquidlunch actually just tried to claim that Phil Hughes is 'world class', yes?

I thought so

I realise that Mr Lunch is trying to distract from how appalling Australia's top order are by bigging up England's bowling (which was indeed very good) but I fear he is overegging the pudding to an unrealistic extent there. Keep it believable please.

Australia have forgotten to pick a spinner, a classic error. Sadly they've also forgotten to pick an opener and a number six batsman.

Back
Top Bottom