Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Agree that a draw looks way out of the question, 23 wickets down in two days should tell you that.

To win we need: to pitch it up and swing it. Get Hussey & Haddin quick smart (obv) and Johnson too. Not be chasing too many more than 300. When chasing, LEAVE THE BALL when pitched short or wide, unless it's there to be hit. See Johnson off (if he's going to have another day like that) and not lose Strauss, KP or Trott early in their innings. Once they're in, they'll deliver but all are vulnerable early on.

No predictions from me here but I think we're capable of chasing up to 350

We'll do that. We'll have 320-ish to chase and we'll do it.

450+ would be extremely unlikely. anything under that is possible, but 300-350 would be comfortable-ish, assuming we're not silly and johnson reverts to form

at a guess i'd say, yep. as long as we bundle out hussey early this morning, we'll be chasing 300ish i reckon. theoretically that won't be a problem, but then again we didn't see ourselves getting out for 180 yesterday either.

That he's a pussy against the short stuff. Siddle was all over him. It was almost as fun as swann in Cardiff.

what?! Siddle was bowling a succession of short, uncontrolled filth. Until that freak wicket he was the worst bowler out there, which is saying something given Harris was also on at the time

Seriously, after nearly 2000 Test runs and an average of over 40, Prior's been 'found out' by some misdirected shit and a freak bowled off his midriff? What?!

Sounded fairly controlled to me, in that he was pitching short and aiming for the chest. The ball before he was out just about broke his ribs. I'm listening to abc radio mind u. These guys aren't actually bad commentators all things considered.

Read the paper today. Check who won that battle. Lovely to listen to. There's not many players I'd like to see roughened up but prior fits the bill.

Back
Top Bottom