Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Some shit shots but credit to Johnson for using the conditions well and getting his action working again. Have to say that when he wasn't bowling they still looked woefully innocuous.

For those of you who haven't been watching, there's sod all wrong with the pitch.

JimW is this on the same time zone as you in China?

i fly to Hong Kong later, any idea of my chances of finding it on TV? its same time zone as HK i *think*

Conversely, as an Australian how confident would you be that one of Cook, Trott or Pietersen won't dig in for a couple of days?

Fell asleep and missed every ball.

Did Mitch finally get it right then? He looked pretty angry yesterday. His angry face is actually quite funny, like Dave Grohl with toothache. Not a patch on big Merv's.

Conversely, as an Australian how confident would you be that one of Cook, Trott or Pietersen won't dig in for a couple of days?

Nah. It'll be a result and won't go to the final day. England can still win, but it won't be by digging in. You don't dig in at Perth.

(Except Trott, of course, who literally digs in.)

Don't get me wrong. I think we can win it. But we need to skittle them before, or just after lunch tomorrow. Chasing 300 will be tough, but doable. Chasing 350 will be a serious stretch. 400 is out of the question. It's not the same wicket as South Africa chased down 400+ to win.

So when I said that we were letting it get away from us the other day, when they were at 222, I wasn't being as unreasonable as you thought at the time, then?

I'm worried that I'm also going to turn out to have been right when I pointed out last week that lots of teams take a beating and then come back to win the next test.

I got lots of people telling me that there was no chance of that either!

JimW is this on the same time zone as you in China?

i fly to Hong Kong later, any idea of my chances of finding it on TV? its same time zone as HK i *think*

Pretty much; hour or two earlier I think. The online feed I've been watching seems to be nicked off StarTV which they'll have at hotels in HK too, so reckon you should be able to watch. Loads of Indians in HK too who'll know where you can see it.

Pretty much; hour or two earlier I think. The online feed I've been watching seems to be nicked off StarTV which they'll have at hotels in HK too, so reckon you should be able to watch. Loads of Indians in HK too who'll know where you can see it.

funnily enough my mate who i am staying with for couple of days is married to an Indian! sorted.

We can still win it, but a draw's more likely. at long last we've seen an Australia with teeth, at least we know they can do it now.

Back
Top Bottom