Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Well the Barmy Army was given its name by Australians who were amazed that they kept supporting their team even as they were being thrashed.

I'd be surprised if the MCG has less than, say, 70,000 there on Boxing Day. It's the following days that may suffer, there's always a drop off anyway.

That said, the G looks empty when it has a crowd equivalent to a Lord's sell out. The place is massive, absolutely awe inspiring

I hope we can get in with the Barmy Army. My mate is bringing his Palace / England flag.

My Aussie inlaws will be stoked.

A lot of the press gushing over Tremlett now. Potential no.1 bowler in the word and all that (Copyright S.K. Warne).

Tremlett and Swann bowling in tandem could winkle a few sides out over the next couple of years.

He is apparently overwhelming in the flesh. Just a huge walking mountain of a man. He just looks a bit tall on the telly though.

Did we have this one before?

Pg-59-lawton-reuter_517956t.jpg

Did you ever see big bird in real life?
i did yes. At a charity match somerset played in monmouth. I've still got a bat somewhere with mostvof the team's signatures on it. I remember viv Richards hit about three balls into the river. I don't remember much about garner except that he was big. I was only about ten

Look at this crap on the Melbourne Age website!

i'll be gutted if i go to a half full MCG on Boxing Day, even my father in law is saying he might not go (in amongst being adamant they are going to bowl us out tomorrow and win the test)
still, i still want us to hammer the Aussies in Perth

that's fucking disgraceful..

eta: i mean the poll stats

Johnson's trying too hard, he's going to spray it all over the shop. Few singles many fours. Aussie discipline breaks down in 2nd session, every bowler for themselves.

Good day for the trees.

it's true what the commentators are saying... england are totally on it in the field, it's those catches (or not) that make all the difference. after all, it's taking wickets that wins matches, nothing more, nothing less. come on the ing-er-land!

Back
Top Bottom