Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Bunny top scorer, Australia in disarray.

If you listen to TMS on Pontings dismissal, listen to Boycott sounding genuinely happy about something for once in his life :D

Nine wickets down ,mind i remember lillie and thomo making a thundering nuisance of themselves making seventy odd runs for the last wicket

Funny how that's pretty good going but feels like a disappointment cos it should have been closer to the 200. Know you're spoiled when you can have these sort of thoughts in an Ashes series though :D

50-80 runs fewer would have been nice, but i'll take that. lead of at least 100 please, preferably another 200+ lead.

Lol. Letting it get a away? They are still under 250 on the first day on a good wicket!

At that stage, there was a danger of a large 9th wicket stand -- they could have yet ended up on 300.

Fortunately, they didn't! But years of watching my cricket and football teams have taught me to always fear the worst.

It's a pitch where the likes of Siddle and Hilfenhaus were cutting and hooking with confidence. If we take the shine off the new ball and don't lose a wicket, Australia could have a couple of hot and thankless days ahead of them.

Team batting first all out for a score in the mid-200s, team batting second safely negotiate a few overs at the end.

That's the rule for the first day.

ricky-ponting-paul-collin-007.jpg

Another for the Ponting collection.

Funny how that's pretty good going but feels like a disappointment cos it should have been closer to the 200. Know you're spoiled when you can have these sort of thoughts in an Ashes series though :D
you bet - if Strauss had been offered today's stumps position at outset, he'd have bitten the offerer's arm off.
Another really good day for England, but oh god the aussies looked poor

Look at this crap on the Melbourne Age website!

i'll be gutted if i go to a half full MCG on Boxing Day, even my father in law is saying he might not go (in amongst being adamant they are going to bowl us out tomorrow and win the test)
still, i still want us to hammer the Aussies in Perth

Poll: Will you still attend the Boxing Day Test if the Ashes are lost to England?
Poll form

1. Please select an answer. Yes, but only on Boxing Day
2. Yes, it won't affect how many days I attend
3. No, the cause is lost, I'm staying home
4. View results

Yes, but only on Boxing Day

11%
Yes, it won't affect how many days I attend

21%
No, the cause is lost, I'm staying home

68%

Total votes: 4745. CAST YOUR VOTE

As long as they sell their ticks to poms outside - fuck 'em. I suspect they'll be giving them away though.

It is pathetic. One of the most famous days in the game.

aussie aussie aussie

Although they irritate the hell out of me, one of the things I begrudgingly admire about the barmy army lot is that they will always turn up, even if England lose every game.

That aussie attitude is an odd one, if true. As Butchers says, the Boxing Day test is an event – it's a treat, no matter what the state of the series. Bizarre.

Just watched the highlights, and they reminded me how much I love watching the WACA test. I think it's my favourite venue. I love cricket on bouncy tracks. It is so much more exciting – shots get full value and edges fly!

As long as they sell their ticks to poms outside - fuck 'em. I suspect they'll be giving them away though.

It is pathetic. One of the most famous days in the game.

aussie aussie aussie
exactly what i said to my wife.

she wondered if the English would do the same, i said we are suckers and turn up what may (and proud of it)

Back
Top Bottom