Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

I'm worried that I'm also going to turn out to have been right when I pointed out last week that lots of teams take a beating and then come back to win the next test.

I got lots of people telling me that there was no chance of that either!

Yeah you were a real voice in the wilderness with everyone else on the thread completely writing Australia off.

I'm worried that I'm also going to turn out to have been right when I pointed out last week that lots of teams take a beating and then come back to win the next test.

I got lots of people telling me that there was no chance of that either!

Before the series started, I had England winning 3:1, with the 1 coming at Perth. No need to panic yet. Sydney will be Swann's test, Melbourne should be a place for a few runs.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious but that sure is what it felt like at one point.

Ahem...

I wouldn't bet against Johnson getting it right at Perth.

Johnson is deadly when he gets it right. Very much a Harmison type as sometime said.

Yes but he is a confidence player in as much if he gets an early breakthrough in his spell,it could set him up for a great comeback.If his tail is up he bowls well

I see, miss me out saying that.

As it happens I recalled that you had said it too and tried to find the quote. I failed, posted up, then once again tried to find it and edit the post, but again failed.

So next time you look at me with a tear-streaked face and tell me I don't love you - remember this.

Pretty much; hour or two earlier I think. The online feed I've been watching seems to be nicked off StarTV which they'll have at hotels in HK too, so reckon you should be able to watch. Loads of Indians in HK too who'll know where you can see it.

download the radio app if you~ve got an iphone.. ive been listening to it here in brazil like that, altho i have to tune into a kiwi station to get the ABC commentary as the beeb is blocked outside the uk

sounds like a great test so far. i can see the poms digging in.

download the radio app if you~ve got an iphone.. ive been listening to it here in brazil like that, altho i have to tune into a kiwi station to get the ABC commentary as the beeb is blocked outside the uk

sounds like a great test so far. i can see the poms digging in.

No iPhone for me I'm afraid. Tried to get the Beeb on a UK-based web proxy but the flash player doesn't work properly. Also, looking at you quoting me not sure why I'm on about the number of Indians in HK when there's of course also loads of Aussies and English who are also going to be able to give Dan pointers.

Fell asleep and missed every ball.

Did Mitch finally get it right then? He looked pretty angry yesterday. His angry face is actually quite funny, like Dave Grohl with toothache. Not a patch on big Merv's.

wrist position much better, arm higher and straighter. Left armer bowling the inswinger to the right handed batsman is an absolute killer when it's done well - lots of chances for lbw and so it proved. The contrast between him and the other Aussie bowlers was massive, they were all pitching far too short whereas he got his length spot on. Fair go to him but I wouldn't want him bowling for my life even if he does produce spells of genius like that

Agree that a draw looks way out of the question, 23 wickets down in two days should tell you that.

To win we need: to pitch it up and swing it. Get Hussey & Haddin quick smart (obv) and Johnson too. Not be chasing too many more than 300. When chasing, LEAVE THE BALL when pitched short or wide, unless it's there to be hit. See Johnson off (if he's going to have another day like that) and not lose Strauss, KP or Trott early in their innings. Once they're in, they'll deliver but all are vulnerable early on.

No predictions from me here but I think we're capable of chasing up to 350

Oh and Bell is clearly in great form but seems to feel obliged to hit out when with the tail. Got out in a daft way that he never looked like doing before, presumably because he felt he had to pile some runs on before the tail folded. He either needs to learn to trust the last four batsmen, three of whom are pretty capable in their own way, or move up to five.

When we do get in, and I hope its before lunch tomorrow, we just need to stay in. There's loads of time.

Get in there bodyline style. I love cricket.

Prior is a far far better batsman than the above says too - you do keep chucking out those idiocies.

Back
Top Bottom