Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

i guess they're just thinking if they get a 400 lead within the hour, it'll break the aussies will a little more. not sure if i agree with it, but i can see their thinking.

we absolutely must get this one right and do the utmost to get a victory - if it's 0-0 after this test, then all the brilliance, psychology, records, etc etc will essentially count for fuckall.

ok, strauss has called 'em in. let's fuckin' have it!! jimmy and swanny please step forward...

And there we have it; not sure what he was thinking of number-wise. Maybe thought a bit of a tonk would add to Oz gloom.

I remember a few years ago when we needed a wicket to win and the other side batted out and we'd stupidly declared too late. We were about 200 ahead and at the end they were 9 wickets down. Who was that?

On a positive note, the Aussie order is fucked up completely. Both their openers have bowled about 20 overs etc etc

What's your opinion? Just that he is right, no matter what?

i thought we should have declared earlier personally, but i doubt strauss's decision to bat on was made through stupidity. i'll go with his decision, because let's face it, he's won the ashes and i haven't.

Loads of hard work for the English up today. They can do it but its going to be loads of running. But on the other hand the batters made very good use of the couple of extra overs to humiliate the Australian team.

i thought we should have declared earlier personally, but i doubt strauss's decision to bat on was made through stupidity. i'll go with his decision, because let's face it, he's won the ashes and i haven't.

Yeah, I'm not sure stupidity was accurate. I just mildly disagree. I'm sure originally they would've declared about half an hour before stumps yesterday if the rain had held off.

Yeah, I'm not sure stupidity was accurate. I just mildly disagree. I'm sure originally they would've declared about half an hour before stumps yesterday if the rain had held off.

definitely. if we run out of time with one wicket left to get, then don't worry, i'll be back raging at strauss for not declaring sooner :D

we should still have time anyway. allowing for rain i still think we'll have well over a day to bowl them out.

definitely. if we run out of time with one wicket left to get, then don't worry, i'll be back raging at strauss for not declaring sooner :D

we should still have time anyway. allowing for rain i still think we'll have well over a day to bowl them out.

But the point is that the wicket looks alright. You should expect a day and a half (and that being the case, we'll probably be chasing a few, but we would know how many/ how much time)

Back
Top Bottom