Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

But the point is that the wicket looks alright. You should expect a day and a half (and that being the case, we'll probably be chasing a few, but we would know how many/ how much time)

tbf, i don't think i've ever agreed with an england captain on when to declare and i'm inclined to agree with you. we'll see anyway. hopefully 50 mins we've lost by batting on won't come back to bite us.

He's in anyway, with no runner, but have the Aussies lost it - they're playing at everything (OK, they've picked up over a dozen runs quickly, but this is madness!)

Are the barmy army actually singing 'you all live in the fucking colonies'? To the tune of yellow submarine?

Lol. Takes a lot for a kiwi to support the ockers. Facepalm ahoy

What a shitty time to lose a wicket sometimes cricket can be very cruel.There's only one winner if the weather holds out

I think Strauss' decision to bat on a little this morning is vindicated. The wicket is still reasonable and Australia can still score. Better to do the batting now rather than on the last (rain affected) afternoon.

Aus can still save the game depending on how much help they get from the weather. I don't think this one is in the bag.

ITV4 had a really nice interview by the former wicket keeper Healy of Ponting. He brought out Ponting's better side.

Bold effort from the Aussies but Clarke going (and when he did) must have eliminated any serious chance bar weather of getting away with it.

Bold effort from the Aussies but Clarke going (and when he did) must have eliminated any serious chance bar weather of getting away with it.

I seem to recall a not insignificant partnership between Haddin and Hussey in Brisbane.

Fair point; still think it's a genuine turning point as we only need one of them to get into the tail, and hopefully new batsman on a damp morning won't stick around.

Back
Top Bottom