Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Damn, just woke up and was looking forward to watching the last session! This is just bizarre though, wtf is going on with austrailia. :D

So when to declare? You could conceivably do it now but given the decent amount of time in hand maybe crack on to a lead of 350+ if it leaves you ten overs or so to have a go at the openers tonight?

Declare first thing tmrw, if there is as much rain as were being told.

And the rain and damp is only going to help our bowlers move the ball about. Also think sooner rather than later is a better plan.

England's batting order in form shocker! I can't remember a time when we had so many of them firing.

Only the weather can save Aus now, surely. What the hell has happened to the drought? :mad:

No worries, aussies will still be under pressure to win tests(if they want the ashes) where as we are not under the same type of pressure. If the rain fucks us over there's nothing we can do about that.

svMETER-420x0.jpg

:D

I can't believe i'm saying 'no worries' and its during the ashes, that's not very english of me. :(
You will be an aussie in seconds if you keep that up,we only take the good uns these days.
Starting to believe there is a GOD after all these years of atheisim:D.Rain forecast for mon and tues as well,YEEESSSSSSSS.

It looks a little like Lords, but does Adelaide have the same miraculous draining properties? Looks like England might need to try to win it tonight judging by the forecast. Definitely ought to declare now.

You will be an aussie in seconds if you keep that up,we only take the good uns these days.
Starting to believe there is a GOD after all these years of atheisim:D.Rain forecast for mon and tues as well,YEEESSSSSSSS.

Too bad you've already turned english yourself, i still have time to save myself!!

Pietersons double ton has not been mentioned so far and I really think that that deserves a mention. He is that rarest of player, like Shane Warne and a few others, someone who makes non cricket fans enjoy test cricket. KP and Cook have marmalized the Aussies.

Test cricket is a game played largely in the heads of the opposition and England fans know all about what its like for the other side to have the psychological edge. But this England team are inflicting "mental scars" on the Australians. And of course Adelaide has always been the perfect pitch to mentally murder a bowling attack. As soon as I seen punters reaction to Jimmys sledging I thought that the Aussies were in no fit state to play an Adelaide test match and Cook, KP and co have proven this right.

My gut instinct is that this wil be a draw, too much rain on the way. But then again really heavy over head conditions and Englands swingers could yet skittle an Australian rear guard in 4 or 5 session, about all this match seems to have left.

Perth is not the cathederal of pace it once was but I believe it still is quick enough. Normally bowlers love a fast pacey wicket, but for a really inform batsman ala Cook right now, that can also translate into really rapid run scoring and a the bat comes of the bat so quickely a well exectued defensive push can go to the boundry.

When was the last time the English were actually enjoying an overseas ashes?

Back
Top Bottom