Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

But they knocked us out the darts, which makes up for it, according to my father in law.

Great days play. Hope we get over 500 and win by an innings

the grim reality is all cyber friendships must cease during the ashes so its"GOOD MORNING BASTARDS"HOPE YOUR ALL FELLING SHITE:DIts gunna be 36cel at the ground today but it will be hotter at the crease when Douggy starts putting them thru your boys.Looking for a few early wickets and to wrap up the innings at tea:cool:

:hmm:

Let's get 600 on the board and declare just as the bounce starts to get variable and balls go through the top :cool:

Unbelievably, there's dodgy weather on the way. Get to about 450 without mishap, and then they're going to need to look to push on.

Then again, with Doherty bowling, who needs to push on?

Swapping Johnson was sensible. Swapping Hilfenhaus was foolish.

Worried about the tail, apparently, which meant that if Johnson had to go, so did Hilfenhaus.

Keeping Doherty was the mistake, I think. They clearly don't have any quality spinners, so just go for four seamers and a bit of part-time twirling from North. I suspect that is what they will do in Perth, assuming North isn't dropped.

Can't decide whether to see how this all turns out on telly or get the DVDs for Christmas and watch it all in one go.

Odd watching the two of them now. Collingwood is (quite legitimately) leaving a whole load of balls that Pietersen would be trying to smack for four.

not sure what the plan is now. obviously try and get as high a lead as possible, but with bad weather predicted, we'll be needing to leave some time to win the match. coming out of these two tests still at 0-0 would be a bit of a blow i should think.

we need to crack on (like kev is) and declare with about 550 up, then jimmy and swanny can knock 'em over quick-style

Not if it's because of the weather. They're pushing on well this morning, and there's no way Pietersen's hanging around. I'd still like a lead of 300 if possible, then all-out attack with the ball – a ring of slips, and don't worry about giving away a few boundaries.

I fear Strauss doesn't quite think like that, but I'd like four slips and a gully or three slips and two gullies. That kind of attack seems to have gone out of fashion in recent years. It was common in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom