Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

so maybe declare at 300 ahead and give us a few overs at them this evening i'm guessing?

Depends. Pietersen could go quite silly here and they'll be declaring at tea! But yes, 10 overs with the new ball tonight, then fresh bowlers tomorrow with a nearly new ball tomorrow morning.

tbh unless it rains, I can't see Aus saving this.

over 100 runs in this session already. australia's bowling really is utter utter shite

tbh, at this rate of scoring, assuming we don't give away our wickets, we could even be 400 ahead by halfway through the final session

this ball is spinning so so much. swanny must be rubbing his hands

incredibly, recently his first class average has been about 30ish i think. in his first couple of years playing first class cricket, his average must have been about 70ish :D

hauritz is their best spinner. ponting seems to have something against him though.

Good session for Australia. Lots of positives. They took a wicket and confirmed which bowlers are definitely shit.

Hauritz isn't that good, that's why. He's ok, but I'd much rather have Monty, for instance. Aus should forget spin, I think. If you don't have a decent spinner, don't play one. It never worried the West Indies. ;)

Good session for Australia. Lots of positives. They took a wicket and confirmed which bowlers are definitely shit.

Their seamers aren't awful. I like Harris, in fact. He's like Craig White – much quicker than he looks. I thought Siddle was ordinary last year and I still do. Bollinger's a trier.

They don't have anyone else. Shaun Tait doesn't play test cricket... Will they bring Johnson back for Perth? Is Perth as quick as it used to be, in which case, you've got to try to get Johnson there? In which case, it could be Steve Finn's time to shine too. :)

Hauritz isn't that good, that's why. He's ok, but I'd much rather have Monty, for instance. Aus should forget spin, I think. If you don't have a decent spinner, don't play one. It never worried the West Indies. ;)

yeah, for sure. but realistically, no team is going to do that anymore, particularly not when your seam attack is as toothless as australia's right now. hauritz is steady enough, bit like ashley giles was for us a few years back. certainly better than the dog shit doherty's been serving up.

at the risk of cursing the whole thing, i'd say that weather permitting this one's in the bag. but having said that, it is england, so you never know.

Their seamers aren't awful. I like Harris, in fact. He's like Craig White – much quicker than he looks. I thought Siddle was ordinary last year and I still do. Bollinger's a trier.

They don't have anyone else. Shaun Tait doesn't play test cricket... Will they bring Johnson back for Perth? Is Perth as quick as it used to be, in which case, you've got to try to get Johnson there? In which case, it could be Steve Finn's time to shine too. :)

Not sure how Perth is playing. They were suggesting it was as fast as it used to be at the start of the tour - but it wasn't that way in the game against WA? So Johnson may not have been picked for that pitch anyway.

But isn't he as mentally unfit as Tait? Even if Tait was physically fit.. even then his record was a bit hit and miss (like Shoaib). Shit may be too strong but at Test level their bowlers are - ordinary? Skilled, triers, but not outstanding. Their selection of 17 for Brisbane shows where they are mentally and it's showing.

It's reminding me of the summer of 85..

It is England, but with Anderson finally believing in himself, and Swann... We need to switch the teams psychologically. It's Aus doubting themselves, and England knowing they're good enough. I really liked the way that Anderson reacted to his wicketless spell last match – it was just like the best bowlers: you know you bowled brilliantly, just keep doing the same thing and the wickets will come.

Does it still turn square at Sydney? England have one brilliant spinner and another very capable one. Australia have, um, Marcus North...

Marvellous. I can't sleep so I thought I'll listen to TMS and immedialtely England lose a wicket :(

I think I'll go back to bed.

So when to declare? You could conceivably do it now but given the decent amount of time in hand maybe crack on to a lead of 350+ if it leaves you ten overs or so to have a go at the openers tonight?

Back
Top Bottom