Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

you weak bunch of pommy bastards,wouldn't dare leave us something we could chase:Dthank fuck:Dim going out for a big slap up meal washed down by gallons of draught and i owe it all to england.Im betting on a draw in the next test too,thanks boys:cool:

Well, I'm really sure what to make of that test. It looked like oz had it won but then spent the last 2 days looking like a village team.

Gotta say, I'm honestly a little disappointed we didn't give 'em more of a sniff of the chase; I know it was a 'batting pitch' but fuck it, give them a tiny chance of salvaging, then go toe to toe for the whole of the Australian innings. Lays down a marker for the rest of the series - "we want it all :mad:" :cool:

Still, from where we were it's a decent result (I suppose :rolleyes: :p)

It looks like the aussie selectors have seen enough and are already ringing the changes. Bollonger and Ryan Harris (who he?) have been called up to the squad. I reckon there is a real chance of them not playing a front line spinner in the next match, 5 seamers and North doing the spinning?

Should have batted them into oblivion, let Cook get his 300 and make them field until their feet ached.

Instead we let Ponting get his confidence back up with quick runs.

Considering how we started the match I'm happy, but we could have struck a proper psychological blow there.

But if we'd have nicked 4 or 5 wickets it would have been even more demoralising for the Aussies. A good decision that didn't work out exactly as planned. England are very much the happier side at the moment. The Aussies were a shambles and Ponting's 50 was just pissing in the wind.

Well fancy that...

You have to wonder if we can afford the 4 bowler strategy with these wickets and with our batsmen showing some form. Collingwood replaced by Tremlett, Rashid or Shazad?

I think when you have the two highest partnerships ever for a ground in the same match you'd probably have to say it was a very flat pitch. The Aussies probably were the better team for 3 days, with England winning the last couple.

Not much else to say apart from Adelaide will probably be flat as well so another draw seems likely.

We went in the first test with 3 first change bowlers,Bollinger and Harris are new ball men.Harris took 9/140 against Queensland a fortnight ago but had a slight knee prob so he was overlooked.If him and bollinger have the new ball with Sidds and Hilffy backing them up we still have Watson and North to go.Adelaide will be a grassy pitch with the temp expected to be aroung 33cel on friday.It will be fast as fuck out there.

A lot of positives for England there; Cook, trott, bell and strauss finding excellent form, Pietersen showing a return of some form, now we just need to get the bowlers growling nore

Seems the convicts have a couple of medium/fast alternatives but that's all. No spinner of merit though.

Huge psychological victory: Now to grind them into the dirt.

Can't see England changing anything. The talk seemed to be of bringing Bresnan in anyway, which would be a waste of time. Collingwood can block an end for five overs.

Aus have brought in Bollinger and Ryan Harris. I presume that both will play and Johnson and Doherty will drop out. No worries there – although I will be sad to see Johnson and Doherty go, their replacements are hardly intimidating. On a good Adelaide pitch, England should not lose 20 wickets to any combination of this lot.

I think we need to see more than two days on a dead wicket to declare all England batting weaknesses a thing of the past.

I was listening to TMS last night in my sleep. I had the earphone in one ear, waking up intermittently to hear a ball or two.

No way they'll bring Monty in. He might play at Sydney, maybe. I can actually see England playing an unchanged team for the whole series, injuries permitting.

He does put upon very well. I'm with him over that catch, though. It is about time they stopped referring catches to the TV. I've never seen a decision go in favour of the fielder – referring to TV is tantamount to giving it not out.

At the very least, the normal presumption of doubt going the batsman's way needs to be reversed with disputed catches – if the TV cannot clearly show the ball bouncing, it's out.

I was listening to TMS in the break between the declaration and them coming out and i forget who it was made a devastating argument for getting rid by picking 4 key points of the game. Not a very useful post i know.

Back
Top Bottom