Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

I'd prefer it if they did the Birdie song complete with dance, tbh.

The self-styled Barmy Army get on my tits, I must say. I hate it when I have to sit next to them at a match. Although they do always keep singing, even when England are losing, which is to be admired I suppose.

A lead of 167 with nine wickets in hand and Aus all over the place?

Soon, I reckon. Why not? Give them a tricky 50 overs to negotiate.

the pitch is piss easy to bat on, they'll win easily if we declare anytime soon, i say depress them by making them field/bowl all day and look forward to the next test on friday.

The pitch is cracking up. The ball is old, the bowlers are tired and demoralised, the batsmen are brimming with confidence.

It could all look very different when Aus bat. I'm not saying they should set a silly declaration, but why not try to win it?

Because we are not gonna get 10 wickets in two sessions on this pitch.

Could do. England used to succumb in such circumstances! It has happened. More than once. And England are nearly 200 ahead with nine wickets in hand. They should come out slogging after lunch. Why not? If it goes wrong, you block for a bit and take the draw.

It would not! Set them 280–300 by slogging for half an hour after lunch. No chance Aus would win.

I doubt Strauss will do it because he is too conservative, but it's what I would be looking to do. They have to be looking to at least have a go at winning.

On Sky they're talking about just giving them an 'awkward' 35 overs. I think that's wrong. I'll be very disappointed if they do that. They have to adjust their sights – Aus are all over the place, so push hard and give them 50 overs. Genuinely try to win!

Mate, the pitch is a batting pitch. We'll give the aussies the test if we declare now. That's why the commentators are saying that. Iit'll be a dream to chase 200 right now.

Mate, the pitch is a batting pitch. We'll give the aussies the test if we declare now. That's why the commentators are saying that. Iit'll be a dream to chase 200 right now.

I'm not saying declare now! That would be mad. But slog for a few overs after lunch, then declare with a lead of 300. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom