Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Good morning session for us. Grats to Hussey for the well-timed century and Haddin has hung in there with some accelerated scoring from mid-session onwards. With a lead of 69 runs and five wickets in hand, I think this session has definitely turned the match in our favour. We just need some consolidation in the lunch to tea session.

Sour grapes, I know, but Hussey was plumb lbw. Well done to him and Haddin for cashing in in the afternoon, but boy were they lucky to survive the first hour.

if he was plumb then why was he not given?

Because the ball hit both pads, so the umpire heard two noises, and the umpire incorrectly decided that the first of those noises was the ball hitting the bat.

I'm a big fan of Aleem Dar, but he got that one wrong.

And given that England lost one of their reviews yesterday to an appeal that was later proved to have been correct, I think they are entitled to feel hard done by. The review system is not working quite right yet. England did little wrong, yet a howler – and yes, it was a howler – was allowed through. That Hussey had just been reprieved by the review system for another lb shout just makes it even more galling.

the third umpire doesn't rule on lbw decisions unless it's been referred by the batting or bowling team iirc

great stuff so far. nice and steady boys. i don't want to wake up in the morning to a disaster.

the batsmen didn't refer it because he was given not out! we didn't refer it because we'd run out of referrals (i think we lost a referral once because although it was out, there was enough doubt for it not to be given)

oh,stiff cheese then old bean:DI am not gloating,far from it in fact.Your blokes have made a good start this innings,hope it doesn't last:D

Back
Top Bottom