Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

ah, you running scared then, we batted your only strike bowler out of the series after one game...
:D:D where do you get your strange ideas from?You rescue one match,just one match against us and now you are world beaters.See how you go after Adelaide old son,looking forward to some rerun excuses:D

I like you, you're a good lad - hope the contract falls through (in a good way, not in a shit i'm unemployed way) and you can be in A when we take the city :)

thanks,i love the game as i suspect you do too.Its a great rivalry and i love to banter with civilised people about the biggest prize in cricket,to us anyway:cool:.Have seen the last 2 tests here in their entireity so i cant complain.I have to do this job,there is no way out of it:(I work in oilfield transportation(moving rigs etc etc)To much money involved for drill rigs to be sitting around doing fuck all while i sit in me deck chair sucking piss,watching us give it to the oppressors:D12112010(002).jpg[

I'm looking forward to seeing the two new Aussie quicks. The pressure will really be on them to perform. If they don't come out the blocks cleanly there will be a ripple of panic in the Australian camp - who else do they have in reserve? Could they change it all again?

I agree that if Johnson plays the rest of the series he'd probably run through the England batting line up once. But is it worth carrying him for a couple of Tests where he does nothing but leak runs just for that chance?

Johnson's Australia's Harmison. Talented, done it in the past, not physically past it, no other bowler available who is potentially as hostile. But fuck me, when he's bad, he's awful, and his self-belief is really fragile.

I'd drop him not just because he was erratic in the last test – I'd live with that. But he wasn't very fast. And if Johnson can't bowl fast, there's really no point to him.

I wonder if the pressure to be a kind of Flintoff figure - big hitter as well as strike bowler - hasn't made it worse.

From a completely unscientific perspective - he doesn't LOOK like an all-rounder, he looks like a fast bowler. He's never convinced me as a batsman because he's all flailing limbs.

I wonder if the pressure to be a kind of Flintoff figure - big hitter as well as strike bowler - hasn't made it worse.

From a completely unscientific perspective - he doesn't LOOK like an all-rounder, he looks like a fast bowler. He's never convinced me as a batsman because he's all flailing limbs.

I know what you mean. A bit like how Broad will only ever be a cameo batsmen and not a genuine all-rounder.

Talking of Bollinger - anyone notice the similarity between him and Mr Tumble?

Mr Tumble:
884886-doug-bollinger-cricket.jpg

Bollinger:

MrTumble.jpg

I know what you mean. A bit like how Broad will only ever be a cameo batsmen and not a genuine all-rounder.

Talking of Bollinger - anyone notice the similarity between him and Mr Tumble?

Mr Tumble:
884886-doug-bollinger-cricket.jpg

Bollinger:

MrTumble.jpg

You've inadvertently mixed your pictures up there, suggesting that the two are so similar that even you are unable to tell them apart. HTH.

Yes I did. It is a comedic convention when posting lookalike pics, most likely originating in Private Eye. Like all conventions it isn't that funny, and is rendered less funny by you pointing it out.

don't agree with that, broad has actually got some real batting talent. if he focussed on his batting (not suggesting he should, mind) he could easily be a test 5 or 6

Merv brilliantly stuck in the past - you tell 'em Custer.

"It was a disappointing final day to an exciting Test match. England, with everything to play for on day five and a chance to win the first Test in the series, squibbed it,"

"Are they happy to play for a draw in every Test? Were they protecting their tail, which starts after Kevin Pietersen?

Any more sightings of 'Australia probably value series against South Africa and India more than England' articles?

When I was a kid, I always looked forward to the West Indies series above all. Ashes was very much second-best to the Windies.

That's because the Windies pace attack was something to behold. Especially on the quick wickets we used to get in this country.

Yep, West Indies bowlers were thrilling to watch. All my bowling heroes as a kid were West Indians. That's what I love about cricket, that you can support one team and have heroes in the opposition team at the same time.

I don't remember really caring especially about the Ashes at all. There was West Indies, then there was everybody else.

reported on the news here(adelaide) Johnson will be the drinks steward in Adelaide,been pissing down here as well.Had 20mm/nearly an inch in 1 hour this afternoon.More coming tomorrow
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/th...-for-second-test/story-fn67xbkx-1225964061861

Something I like about the Aussie cricketing culture is that there's no shame in that. Brett Lee was 12th man for about 2 years at one point, wasn't he. No shame, no need to sulk, not a sign that they no longer believe in him.

Yep, West Indies bowlers were thrilling to watch. All my bowling heroes as a kid were West Indians. That's what I love about cricket, that you can support one team and have heroes in the opposition team at the same time.

I don't remember really caring especially about the Ashes at all. There was West Indies, then there was everybody else.

Yep, I was pretty much the same.

Yeah yeah, Randall down under, Botham at Headingley, etc, etc. It mattered just like all tests mattered. But the West Indies were special.

Back
Top Bottom