Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2021-22

Enjoying Higgins v Williams on BBC replay still close :eek:

shame whoever loses really
Watched most of that last night. Some great stuff from both players and a fantastic atmosphere. Higgins was unlucky, has to be said, twice potting balls when splitting the reds, but can't argue with Williams' break in the final frame. Williams potted some incredible pressure balls, where he was handing the frame to his opponent if he missed. Nerves of steel. And all that while still suffering from long covid and struggling to stay awake.

Wilson was unfortunate, especially with twice potting reds as he went into the pack off a colour. But Trump smelt blood and really didn't give him a chance. I haven't seen much of Selby or Hawkins yet, but I don't fancy either of their chances if Trump builds up some steam.

Watching Selby v Hawkins - first few frames are fascinating :)

Whenever I watch Selby I think he's smooth/posh until I remember he's from Leicester when I start wanting him to win again.

These lads aren't half missing some shots in the sixth frame
Steve Davies did mention he thought the table wasn't completely level and there was slight drift, wonder if this effects them

These lads aren't half missing some shots in the sixth frame
Steve Davies did mention he thought the table wasn't completely level and there was slight drift, wonder if this effects them
It didn't notice any wondering balls whilst watching it.

I love Williams' general don't-give-a-shit attitude, but he had ample opportunity to put that to bed. If Trump comes through against the Hawk he should properly punish Robertson's unforced errors.

It didn't notice any wondering balls whilst watching it.

I love Williams' general don't-give-a-shit attitude, but he had ample opportunity to put that to bed. If Trump comes through against the Hawk he should properly punish Robertson's unforced errors.
They both played well but Williams did have a couple of moments of outrageous fortune

Who was commentating with Parrot? Cant put my finger on their name for love nor money!! :mad:
If it was an English accent you couldn't recognise it might well have been Jack Lisowski. If it was Scottish then it was definitely Hendry, as McManus isn't doing this tournament, if it was Irish then definitely Doherty, as Taylor isn't there (a caveat that Ulster and Dublin sound very different from one another).

Hawkins will be kicking himself, as he should have been level. I hope he's composing himself to restart this evening.

Well that was as boring as I was expecting it to be. I think 80s Steve Davis had more charisma than Robertson. At least the semis were great.

It was quite interesting to hear them talk about whether Robertson has underachieved. The obvious person to compare him to is Selby, as they're a year apart in age, and you've got to say quite possibly. Selby has more Masters and four WCs to Robertson's one.

On the other hand that'd also mean Williams has underachieved compared to Higgins and O'Sullivan.

It was quite interesting to hear them talk about whether Robertson has underachieved. The obvious person to compare him to is Selby, as they're a year apart in age, and you've got to say quite possibly. Selby has more Masters and four WCs to Robertson's one.

On the other hand that'd also mean Williams has underachieved compared to Higgins and O'Sullivan.
I think he probably has underachieved somewhat. He's obviously a great player but for me I find him intensely dull to watch. That's purely because he comes across like such a drip in interviews, even his celebrations seem awkward like he's still repressing things and, for me at least, it makes his play seem so boring.

Selby otoh I find kind of interesting to watch even though he's the 21st century grinder.

Free Sports Live HD are showing Championship League snooker this week - lots of channels⬇︎

Today's times are below

No audience, though, seems to make for a less interesting watch.
The players certainly seem a bit subdued. But that'snormal for Ding and Carter imho.

1642515112875.png

1642515148405.png

Has Ding started to get his shit together yet? He's only 34, and has too much talent to loiter at his current ranking.

Anyone watching ITV4 for the Players' championship? Robertson against Robertson in the 2nd semi-final. Robertson's winning and it looks like it will be a bit of a walkover cos Robertson's top break is only 40 or so up to game 5. Winner will play Hawkins in the final (I presume tomorrow). I should have had a bet on it being Robertson. Might try to catch the first few frames.

Have dipped in and out of this tournament this week.
Saw Neil Robertson knock out Ronnie earlier this week.
Jimmy Roberston seems to be holding his own in frame 5 despite being 3-1 down at the mo'.

Now 4 - 1.

There have been some odd results of late.

Young Zhao catches the eye, there is a lot of talent there, indeed, there a few young Chinese players on the up.

European Masters on Eurosport 1 at the mo'. Anyone else watching?

Have missed most of this tournament this week. Ronnie is 5-1 up against Liang at present and looks like knocking him out if this frame carries on in the same vein.

Some results etc here:

Back
Top Bottom