Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2021-22

A heads up that the English Open starts on Monday, with the afternoon sessions live on Quest.

I think it's Eurosport not letting them have the evening sessions, when people like me aren't working. I suppose I'll have to wait for the semis next Saturday.
According to the Eurosport website this competition is on discovery+ too.
I think they are still doing a free week's trial via Prime Video.
You may be able to watch it that way stavros

What I really wish for is some way to watch subscription sport via some free, online medium. One can dream.

Higgins took a final frame decider against O'Sullivan in the first semi, and Robertson was 3-1 up against King in the other, when Quest decided to switch to their regular Salvage Wives Weight Loss Down Under schedule.

The commentators mused over whether it was the oldest ever line-up for a pair of ranking semi finals, until a viewer pointed out the WCs at some point in the 70s had three in their forties and Fred Davis at 64.

OK, I baled at 10pm, due to it being a school night. Glad I did, because otherwise I'd have stayed up way too late.

It took over two hours to complete the first three frames. I switched over to MOTD at half ten, and when I switched back over at midnight they were just entering into the decider.

This afternoon was interesting, as Trump clearly didn't settle immediately. Then winning the frame before the break seemed to totally tip the balance. Fair play to Higgins for stepping out before the ninth to compose himself. All to play for.

Those shirts make them look like darts players, which is ironic given Higgins is no longer in the shape to play darts.

Glad Higgins recovered, the commentator said that last tournament he was thinking he was past it. I prefer the shirts than the stuffed suits they're normally forced into.

This is hilarious. Murphy throws his toys out after being beaten by an amateur, claiming 'this is how I put food on the table for my family, amateurs shouldn't even have been in the building'

Murphy has won over £4 million in prize money and has compiled more than 500 century breaks in his professional career.

Even his colleagues must be having a giggle about this.

Am I right in thinking it's quite common in golf for amateurs to qualify for big events? Surely it creates a bit of fun..? Or the FA cup?

I heard Murphy's rant on the radio this morning. Basis of his argument seemed to be pros are under more pressure with amateurs having a free swing (cue?).

Not sure I agree. Pro would imply they would have more time to practice surely?

He does actually look like he might have been putting a bit too much food on the table anyway. Up there with Gove for punchability?

3500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom