Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2021-22

How the fuck did O'Sullivan get out of that session level? Some of his positional play was exceptional, but Robertson had plenty of opportunity to be at least 5-3, and more likely 6-2 up.

ah ta - I watched it last night, O'Sullivan was a bit fucking lucky there too, will put it on for next session.

playing really well over the last couple of frames - fuck me he's done it - nice to see him win something again I've not seen him win anything for ages.

I didn't watch the evening session, instead watching SPOTY, where snooker was barely mentioned again. Yan and Selby got about five seconds each, for their Masters and WC wins, but that was it.

A quick straw poll of the handful of us who frequent this thread: should the Masters get its own thread? It runs from 9 to 16 January, and is back at the Palace this year. I think we've done threads for it in the past.

caught the end of the 6th frame, ta.

Yan is seeded no. 1? Have I missed a year's snooker or something?

just switched back - one thing that's so much better about bbc coverage than itv that you can do that, as well as flick back a few seconds for anything you missed.

just catching very end of 4th frame - williams snookered on the pink, played it one handed and potted the fucker :eek:

just switched back - one thing that's so much better about bbc coverage than itv that you can do that, as well as flick back a few seconds for anything you missed.

just catching very end of 4th frame - williams snookered on the pink, played it one handed and potted the fucker :eek:
Wasn't that the fifth? Whichever, that entire frame is where he stamped his name on the match,

Be surprised if he loses here at this point.

Yan is seeded no. 1? Have I missed a year's snooker or something?
I think he got the number 1 seed as the defending champion. I think there was one year where O'Sullivan was the defending champion, but had dropped out of the top 16. He took the Masters spot from whoever was number 16 at the time.

Having written that I may be getting it confused with the WCs in 2013, when he was also the defending champion, but hadn't played much at all since.

Anyway, Higgins-Williams on Thursday.

O'Sullivan-Robertson wasn't the highest quality, but it was exciting. Robertson had loads of easy misses, despite what Rob "the talker" Walker said to him immediately after, but O'Sullivan could not find that baulk cushion with his safety.

Where's Dennis Taylor? I've not seen or heard him all week. And where's Hazel?

Back
Top Bottom