Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2021-22

So watched the whole afternoon session between Higgins and Brecel. Higgins was worse than amateur for the first three frames, and then reeled off five in a row to take a lead into the evening session.

It still made me chuckle when they mentioned their match in the Scottish Open at Venue Cymru.

He's not the most spectacular, but Higgins is arguably the cleverest player I've ever seen.

I've never liked Robertson's hair, but at least he's back away from last year's styling:

1649009607506.png

What on earth has happened to Ding? He was so exciting to watch at one point but he's really gone to shit over the past few seasons. Too much money from sponsorship dented his ambition? Too much pressure? I hope he gets back to somewhere near his best but it doesn't look like he'll ever be world champion now.

What on earth has happened to Ding? He was so exciting to watch at one point but he's really gone to shit over the past few seasons. Too much money from sponsorship dented his ambition? Too much pressure? I hope he gets back to somewhere near his best but it doesn't look like he'll ever be world champion now.
I remember thinking, when they played their WC semi in 2011, that Trump and Ding could be the next dominant duo. It's difficult to know precisely what's happened to him, whether pressure from back home or personal issues have made him fall off. I agree it's a shame though, because on form he's so tidy when break-building.

On the other hand he's over ten years younger than three of last week's semi-finalists, so he could still have an Indian summer to his career.

His famously controlling mother died in 2017. Maybe he doesn't practice as much anymore.

Whenever I hear Ding's name now I think of two drunk lads who sang "Dont You Wish Your Snooker was Ding Junhui" to the tune of that pussycat dolls song - had never heard a snooker song before so hoping to spread the earworm

"pussycat dolls"... what a shit name....what people will do for money eh

I was just bemoaning to myself that there's no decent sport on Freeview this weekend. Then I remembered the seniors are on the red button.

I was just bemoaning to myself that there's no decent sport on Freeview this weekend. Then I remembered the seniors are on the red button.
I watched a little of that last night. It was painful. Like watching Eddie Charlton playing against Eddie Charlton.

Think we're spoiled nowadays. :D

Back
Top Bottom