Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Odds and sods 2022/23 Thread

I can just about remember when they were last in the top flight. And seem to be in the same ground but no plastic pitch anymore.

Arsenal under 10 mins away from losing to Forest, which would hand City the title.

T'would be a shame if City were to win it when not on the pitch (and for Arsenal to lose it while on the pitch), but I guess they won't care too much.

Could reset even more players at that point, no doubt, although curious just how understanding Haaland would be if he were given fewer minutes to extend his record-breaking season :hmm: :D

<edit: ah, 'pparently there's 7 (S-E-V-E-N) minutes of injury time, so more time for Arsenal! :eek: >

(Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, it'd all but guarantee safety for Forest)

<edit: actually, I think they're already safe courtesy of Everton :oops: :facepalm: >

(Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, it'd all but guarantee safety for Forest)

<edit: actually, I think they're already safe courtesy of Everton :oops: :facepalm: >
naah, that's West Ham your thinking of. Forest need the win, Everton & Leicester can still get to 36. One minute to go.

I've been reading about Brazilian Fernando Diniz, coach of Fluminese in Brazil, and his attempts to fashion a system/non-system of football as an antidote to the ruthlessly efficient and controlled systems of European football.

A video on his "weird" tactics and quite the most unusual article I've read on football below:

I can just about remember when they were last in the top flight. And seem to be in the same ground but no plastic pitch anymore.

I was brought up going to Luton games. Before the plastic pitch. That ground needed tearing down and starting again in the 70s.

I saw them a few times in the top division. But I also saw them in Division 2 against George Best and Rodney Marsh (and Bobby Moore) who were all playing for Fulham.Screenshot 2023-05-24 11.32.07 AM.png

Last edited:
Bloody hell.

I know "there was football before the Premier League" 'n' all that, but even though I know how dominant Utd were, I still forget just how dominant they were.

Only once in the first 20 years did they go more than one season without winning it, and they went and won three in a row once they did get it back! :D

Honestly thought Arsenal and Chelsea had won it a bit more than they did over that period.

347849014_663684002254548_6194247101517132535_n.png

Bloody hell.

I know "there was football before the Premier League" 'n' all that, but even though I know how dominant Utd were, I still forget just how dominant they were.

Only once in the first 20 years did they go more than one season without winning it, and they went and won three in a row once they did get it back! :D

Honestly thought Arsenal and Chelsea had won it a bit more than they did over that period.

347849014_663684002254548_6194247101517132535_n.png
Very similar record to Liverpool in the 70s and 80s

1685179933901.png

I know this turns out to be an informercial at the end, but the stuff leading up to it is wonderful. It's one of the things footballers do that I'm guessing most people miss or don't even consider, but scanning the field so you know where everyone and everything is makes a huge difference

Listening to the Scottish premiership play off as it goes to penalties.

Fucking commentators are biased as fuck, utterly pro Ross County. Where the fuck even is Ross County? Up the Jags

Back
Top Bottom