Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

League One 2022-23

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Congratulations Wednesday.

Ignoring the weirdness of filming it on your phone, I'm sure a lot of us lower league fans can relate to this heart break.

Edit: Poor bloke was probably filming it expecting to see his side celebrate going to Wembley! :D/:( depending on your point of view!

Last edited:
What an amazing comeback. Apparently a 2 goal deficit was the most any team had come back from in the play offs, before this.

More congrats to Wednesday.

Also sympathy for Barnsley. As a Palace fan, I know the heartache of losing to a goal in the last minute of Extra time.

Whilst pleased to see Wednesday go up Barnsley have every right to feel very hard done by- denied a penalty, a very, very dubious sending off of their player, failure to take clear chances.

Absorbing game. Wednesday rode their luck yesterday but it would have been a travesty had they failed to win promotion having put togehter such a massive points tally. A freakish season in many ways.

Two good young managers- Darren Moore comes across as a great guy and Michael Duff has done a really good job at Barnsley. If they keep the core of that squad and add well to it then they should be pushing for top two next season.

With some gubbins and financially distressed outfits relegated from the Championship the promotion field next season should be a touch less crowded.

Whilst pleased to see Wednesday go up Barnsley have every right to feel very hard done by- denied a penalty, a very, very dubious sending off of their player, failure to take clear chances.

Absorbing game. Wednesday rode their luck yesterday but it would have been a travesty had they failed to win promotion having put togehter such a massive points tally. A freakish season in many ways.

Two good young managers- Darren Moore comes across as a great guy and Michael Duff has done a really good job at Barnsley. If they keep the core of that squad and add well to it then they should be pushing for top two next season.

With some gubbins and financially distressed outfits relegated from the Championship the promotion field next season should be a touch less crowded.
I’d have to disagree with you on the red card. The tackle was late, high and reckless - under today’s rules that is clearly a straight red. Don’t know what he was doing anyway given the ball was in our half at the time.

With the penalty yes we were a bit fortunate. Seen those given as they say.

No doubt Barnsley feel hard done by, and clearly I’m biased but I thought we deserved it- not least for the season we’ve had.

I’d have to disagree with you on the red card. The tackle was late, high and reckless - under today’s rules that is clearly a straight red. Don’t know what he was doing anyway given the ball was in our half at the time.

With the penalty yes we were a bit fortunate. Seen those given as they say.

No doubt Barnsley feel hard done by, and clearly I’m biased but I thought we deserved it- not least for the season we’ve had.

Wednesday have a chance of staying up next season, think Barnsley would likely have gone straight back down- promotion would have come too early there.

As you say, taking the season into account, Wednesday deserved to go up!

Back
Top Bottom