Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

League One 2022-23

I hope the club stick with Ferguson even if this seasons ends disappointingly for you. Think he'll do a decent job if given some time.

Wednesday kept yet another clean sheet with a 1-0 win. For the first time ever in my time, when we go in front I don't feel like its only a matter of time before we concede. We've only given away 22 goals in 33 games - great consistency given we haven't had a settled defence. Got to give the manager a lot of credit for that. So the table is looking good - we're not there yet, but we've given ourselves a fantastic chance.

Have to say it was a bit desperate to see Peterborough timewasting from about the 10th minute on Saturday - they looked half decent when they actually tried to play some football rather than shithousing it.

I hope the club stick with Ferguson even if this seasons ends disappointingly for you. Think he'll do a decent job if given some time.
Agree, I'm more worried about him sticking with us despite the long contract. We'll need to sort out recruitment too, been a mess this last window, spent enough for not a lot of return.

Definitely seems like Wednesday are running away with it. Thankfully Ipswich have got their form back and are consolidating 3rd place whilst hoping Plymouth stutter a bit so we can bag 2nd.

Saved our poorest of many poor showings for our biggest ever league crowd, We even managed to score first but the warning signs had been there before when Sinclair got clean through. We seemed to gift Gas the openings for two of their goals but they had no bother taking the opportunities and the one from a corner was soft as too. Then we had the unedifying spectacle of two of ours arguing over who was going to take a pen and the winner missing it.

Going to take some turn around now to make it to safety. Hopefully the players getting some experience though in readiness for next season.

At the other end of the table - Wednesday ground yet another 1-0 win. I would say the referee was another abysmal official but at least he was consistent in his rubbish decisions. Both sides with plenty reason to be cheesed off with him.

Getting interesting in terms of second to fourth - Plymouth seem to struggle a bit away from home, and Barnsley on an excellent run. South Yorkshire derby next Tuesday night which will be interesting. UTO

Going to take some turn around now to make it to safety. Hopefully the players getting some experience though in readiness for next season.

At the other end of the table - Wednesday ground yet another 1-0 win. I would say the referee was another abysmal official but at least he was consistent in his rubbish decisions. Both sides with plenty reason to be cheesed off with him.

Getting interesting in terms of second to fourth - Plymouth seem to struggle a bit away from home, and Barnsley on an excellent run. South Yorkshire derby next Tuesday night which will be interesting. UTO
We were pretty much gone already and the fixtures only get worse. Ferguson has no wins from eight which is poor but he'll get away with it given the situation he was handed. Do worry that we'll keep dropping next term too, the club's had problems since the latter half of the title season really which we ended in poor form.
You really are going great guns with the narrow wins, we'll be there to give Plymouth a confidence boost next Saturday so that might end their slight wobble. You'd say Ipswich too but Barnsley are going so well, and it was one of our ex players from last season scored that last one I think.

synchronised football at the moment

1678824372553.png

peterborough have just buggered it up by scoring again, but it was nice while it lasted

(and excuse me while i hide behind the sofa for the next hour or two - i've got the 'we have still got plenty of time to lose' feeling)

So I guess we had to lose at some point, just a shame we lose to Barnsley of all people last night. Still, it was a cracking game, and can't help feeling we should have got something out of it. Totally dominated the second half - came back from 2-0 down, missed a great chance to take the lead and then get sucker punched twice in the last 10 minutes.

Plymouth, Ipswich and Barnsley not playing this weekend so it would be good if we could take advantage.

Watched the game on tv - have to say Jobi McAnuff's monotone voice is enough to do your head in after 90 minutes of it.

Hooray, we're going to have our pants pulled down by Owls on national telly. Seems an odd fixture to pick, not going to be very competitive, but suppose Wednesday are a name.

Looking forward to this, although injuries are taking their toll on our first choice line up at a tricky point in the season

I guess it’s on sky due to international weekend

If it’s as open a game as our last one v Barnsley then it will be good to watch

no such thing with charlton

to be honest, my reaction to getting an early goal is 'oh bugger, that gives us plenty of time to lose' - it's usually followed by an equaliser around half time and an injury time winner (for the opposition that is)

normal service almost resumed - although got away with a point yesterday

meh

Didn't see the game last night, but sounds like we did at least show a bit of fight to come back from two down to get a draw.

A must win game on Saturday home against Lincoln.

Decent effort at Fratton Park but one way traffic, a draw would have been flattering. They seem short a striker. Drugs tests for Charlton surely.

Ipswich can get back in to the automatic spot if we win our game in hand. 7 wins on the bounce and we haven't conceded a goal since mid feb. Great stuff.

Wednesday were poor again yesterday and gave away another soft goal. No win in 5 now

It’s going to be an interesting end to the season

Attendance at the Pizza Trophy final was the largest in Europe this weekend apparently. Even without Plymouth turning up by the looks of it.

Another win for Ipswich and another clean sheet. That's 8 wins in a row and 9 clean sheets in a row. Plymouth better keep winning if they want to be champions because we are right on their tail.

Conceded a pen in the first minute and a farcical second but other than that not too bad, bar zero goal threat.

Back
Top Bottom