Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

League One 2022-23

Looking like the last month of the season is going to be topsy turvey at the top end. All four teams got some tricky fixtures.

Wednesday finally got a win yesterday - although against clearly the worst team I have seen this season.

Four nil down already. Couldn't get stream to work to watch finally confirm we're down with an horrorshow.

Guess I should have known better than to get my hopes up a month or so ago.

Not over yet, and while i'd be surprised if we finished in the top 2 now this season has produced some upsets. Need to win all four of our remaining games I would have thought though.

So yesterday was a bit of a rollercoaster - got offered a ticket at 11am as someone dropped out, caught a train to Reading and was in the pub in Bristol by 4.30. With five minutes to go we were heading back top only for Ipswich and Plymouth to score late winners and keep us third. We weren't great, but hanging in there. Ipswich have a couple of tricky away games next (I'm being optimistic) so who knows, it could come down to the last game.

There's a lot of whinging from other Wednesday fans about our collapse - but I've enjoyed this season a lot. Normal crowds and pre-match pubs etc, plus we've won more than we've lost for once ....

It's definitely going to be close. I'm not sure I can handle a last day decider. Ipswich seem to have hit form at exactly the right time but I still wouldn't put it past us to drop points in the next four games.

Shafted in our local derby just to put the tin lid on a rotten season. Got to worry about next term, DF has a terrible win record even allowing for the mess he inherited.

Yet again, Ipswich were top at half time and needing just one more win for automatic promotion. Then Wednesday end up winning and we're back to 2 points separating the top 3 with Barnsley also still in with a shout.

I feel like our away match against Barnsley on Tuesday is the defining match of our season. If we lose that, it's wide open again.

After last night, top two on the verge of being sorted. Have to say, Ipswich's form is something else so they deserve to do it really.

Our record in the play offs is patchy to say the least so can't say i'm looking forward to that.

Abject again. Not sure how far it's Df's fault as the players long since gave up but his record is not exactly stellar, fear we might do a Scunthorpe next season.

Happy to see the Green Army secure promotion. Nerves on final day would have been too much... it's been stressful enough over the past few weeks with Ipswich motoring. Thankful for the Wednesday wobble.

Congratulations!

Wednesday could get 96 points and only have a playoff spot to show for it. Is that a record for a third place?
I think it is a record points total in any division that hasn't got automatic promotion. Also this season we've set a record unbeaten league run plus highest number of clean sheets - all to finish 3rd.

Injuries and failing to be ruthless (as Ipswich and Plymouth were) against teams in the lower half did for us.

I think it is a record points total in any division that hasn't got automatic promotion. Also this season we've set a record unbeaten league run plus highest number of clean sheets - all to finish 3rd.

Injuries and failing to be ruthless (as Ipswich and Plymouth were) against teams in the lower half did for us.
Managing to lose to us was quite a feat!

Notts County have over 100 points to get a conference semi-final place.

Back
Top Bottom