Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

League One 2022-23

Om paper a point looks good, especially considering the reverse fixture result but again we've dropped a lead and were lucky not to lose after Exeter contrived to miss an open goal twice in a melee. Still, promising stuff from the several new signings who look more the standard, so maybe the great escape begins here.

Om paper a point looks good, especially considering the reverse fixture result but again we've dropped a lead and were lucky not to lose after Exeter contrived to miss an open goal twice in a melee. Still, promising stuff from the several new signings who look more the standard, so maybe the great escape begins here.
Still entirely do-able I'd say, although you're going to have to start picking up some wins sharpish.

Wednesday did well again at the weekend - we're really starting to look like a time that can grind out wins. Our goal was a peach as well. Apart from being flipping freezing, really enjoyed my first visit to Wycombe Wanderers (bar the plonker who chucked the bottle at one of our players)

Still entirely do-able I'd say, although you're going to have to start picking up some wins sharpish.

Wednesday did well again at the weekend - we're really starting to look like a time that can grind out wins. Our goal was a peach as well. Apart from being flipping freezing, really enjoyed my first visit to Wycombe Wanderers (bar the plonker who chucked the bottle at one of our players)
Not cut adrift is about all we can say, six pointer home to MK next week though have a cup game tonight first if we can get it on.

Another lead surrendered and looking doomed, some decent additions during the window but Burchinall seems out of his depth. Nice bloke but think he's had his chance, not that I expect Dale Vince to pull the trigger.

The Oxford v Ipswich game looked a bit farcical from the highlights I saw. Sometimes cameras can give an exaggerated effect of visibility, but if it was like it looked on tv I'd be a bit cheesed off to lose in the last few minutes like that.

Wednesday are now unbeaten in 15 league games. I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can, but there's always the nagging doubt that we're going to find a way to stuff it up eventually.

The Oxford v Ipswich game looked a bit farcical from the highlights I saw. Sometimes cameras can give an exaggerated effect of visibility, but if it was like it looked on tv I'd be a bit cheesed off to lose in the last few minutes like that.

Wednesday are now unbeaten in 15 league games. I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can, but there's always the nagging doubt that we're going to find a way to stuff it up eventually.
It was ludicrous and when McKenna and the Oxford boss asked for it to be called off in the 74th minute, the 4th official apparently told them that if the match was called off after 75 mins had been played, the result as it was would have stood. This was apparently bullshit and no such rule exists and anyway, they asked for cancellation on 74 mins.

Load of old bollocks that has deprived us of another 3 points that we could really do with!

It was ludicrous and when McKenna and the Oxford boss asked for it to be called off in the 74th minute, the 4th official apparently told them that if the match was called off after 75 mins had been played, the result as it was would have stood. This was apparently bullshit and no such rule exists and anyway, they asked for cancellation on 74 mins.

Load of old bollocks that has deprived us of another 3 points that we could really do with!
I thought when I read the reports that I'd never heard of that rule - hopefully the last anyone sees of that ref for a while then.

Our game tonight is now off - which is a shame as we could have gone top with a win

Big Dunc bit of a gamble but he'll take no shit and can't do worse than Burchnall. Wish latter well, nice bloke out of his depth, hope he gets back into roles he's good at.

That's a bit of a statement. Taking a different route through management than the likes of Lampard and Gerrard etc

He seems like a different person than the one he was as a young man - hope he does well

That's a bit of a statement. Taking a different route through management than the likes of Lampard and Gerrard etc

He seems like a different person than the one he was as a young man - hope he does well
Warming to it more I think about it despite concerns about how he'll coach less talented. Five Year deal apparently! Hiding to nothing this season as going down won't be on him and staying up real achievement.

A 5 year deal for his first appointment is crazy! I have a feeling he'll do well and he's got a job at the right level the right way, unlike Lampard and Gerrard.

Total sickener, got the new manager bounce, lead from a cracking Garrick strike early doors and looked pretty good against a very tidy Shrewsbury, but dropped back and they kept plugging away and got their reward twice in injury time to turn it round. Some promising signs from the new boys especially Onyango but we're running out of games.

Looking like its going to be what constitutes a sell out nowadays tomorrow at Hillsborough - various concourses are deemed to be too narrow so we're not allowed to sell about 5,000 seats. So looking at around 33k - 1st v 2nd. Can't wait - should be the best atmosphere since we were in the Championship play offs 6/7 years ago

UTO

Competed but Peterborough well worth their win and chances were hen's teeth from us. We're running out of games.

Well despite my fears that Wednesday would provide an anticlimax, Saturday was fantastic. Pretty much a full stadium, a decent game and going top of the table at the end of it.

A great day out - although once again the officials were abysmal. We had a goal disallowed after the ref and lino appeared to change their minds when watching the replay on the big screen. It was well over a minute after the ball was in the net before the ref made his decision. Shocking. 19 minutes of injury time in total as well.

On to Ipswich next weekend - if we can avoid defeat there, we're going to be well placed.

Well despite my fears that Wednesday would provide an anticlimax, Saturday was fantastic. Pretty much a full stadium, a decent game and going top of the table at the end of it.

A great day out - although once again the officials were abysmal. We had a goal disallowed after the ref and lino appeared to change their minds when watching the replay on the big screen. It was well over a minute after the ball was in the net before the ref made his decision. Shocking. 19 minutes of injury time in total as well.

On to Ipswich next weekend - if we can avoid defeat there, we're going to be well placed.
DIY VAR Saw your game ran really late. Our ref was a bit random too, though didn't affect result. Think I recall two games where the ref was good and a couple more where they didn't stand out as poor. With all the money about really need to make them full time pros too.

I thought this was illegal?

I thought this was illegal?
Honestly don't know what the refs/linos are supposed to do in this situation ie are they supposed to take a decision on what they have seen between them? - but the potential for massive inconsistency is very much there. We haven't had a big screen at Hillsborough for very long, but sometimes you can wait several minutes for a replay of a goal/incident, while at other times its pretty much instantaneous.

not sure the EFL is doing much for the romantic prospects of fans, scheduling a full round of midweek matches on the evening of valentines day...

and :facepalm: at the current / latest bloody shambles at boardroom level in SE7

Romantic break in the Cotswolds for three easy points and a vegan pie, what better date to delight your beloved?

dunno

something on tweeter from south london press today (think they have deleted it, i can't) referred to "saturday's defeat at forest green"

:hmm:

I'd much rather be in a football stadium watching a match than crammed into a restaurant like a battery chicken where there's wildly inflated prices for one night

Didn't manage to crawl out of bed very early local time but sounds like we'd lost that by half time and a bit of improvement after the break was nowhere near good enough. Teams around us also losing about only comfort but really running out of games and Ipswich up next.

but sounds like we'd lost that by half time

no such thing with charlton

to be honest, my reaction to getting an early goal is 'oh bugger, that gives us plenty of time to lose' - it's usually followed by an equaliser around half time and an injury time winner (for the opposition that is)

no such thing with charlton

to be honest, my reaction to getting an early goal is 'oh bugger, that gives us plenty of time to lose' - it's usually followed by an equaliser around half time and an injury time winner (for the opposition that is)
It was your habit of being a bit flaky that had given me hope for this one but apparently we started slow and you were on it from the off. Good away following for a Tuesday night.

Lucky to get away with four really, so far second best and it wasn't really awful from us, we're just too much a ragbag of kids and not quite up to it journeymen. We might be challenging Stockport for a record points low if we don't pick up soon.

Utter sense of doom despite some improvement under DF. Started well and scored a good goal, then sketchy and stupid sending off just before the half and immediately pegged back. Lost due to keeping error second. And Accy one of last fixtures we might reasonably hope to get something from. Hard to know how best to approach remaining as we're gone in all but name. Be first relegation in about forty years.

Back
Top Bottom