Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On request: Odds and sods 2023/24 Thread

Absolutely fascinating report on European football clubs finances , country by country and some club by club detail.

I never knew for example that Man Utd's 2023 squad is the most expensive ever

Very old man comment and old news generally BUT… players wearing gloves (and short sleeves) when it’s 12 degrees 🤔

and in the highland league, i missed strathspey thistle's brief run of form - they won two consecutive games last month.

:eek:

although normal service has been resumed, and they lost 7-1 today

their current stats are

played 30, won 3, drawn 1, lost 26, goals for 33, goals against 122 (difference -89) points 10

They could still finish one above bottom place in the league...

I know this isn't a "match reports thread", but today at Winchester City we were one-nil up against play-off candidates Hungerford. Last couple of minutes, their keeper up in out box for a corner.....
Corner comes in...... their centre forward goes down. Ref missed it, but lino flagged furiously.

Bugger, we thought, pen to them, and 1-1........

Ref goes to speak to the lino.......

Straight red to their striker for trying to con a penalty. 🤣 :thumbs:

F35fNGGWIAAeDeE

:eek:
There is a large and nasty ginger cat who sprays in my garden and menaces my cat, and I've named him Sean Dyche because of his resemblance to the Everton manager.

What the actual shit has happened to Everton? I mean, no disrespect to the one-man army that is Cole Palmer, but 6-0? Against a bang average Chelsea side? Did the entire backline just wander off or something?

and on that subject, strathspey thistle's goal difference has now gone over - 100 after losing 7-0 at home this evening (this is an improvement on last season when they ended on - 130)

i have a certain respect for the players and fans that keep going...

well, I know it's fucking Real Madrid but very much enjoyed last night's smash and grab via penalties. being a United fan, fairly obvious why, but I do find Pep almost unbearable nowadays with his performative arm round shoulder chats on the pitch (and constant weird spitting!). and the general hype despite the fact they've spent a fortune and broken all the rules.

this City team is still scary, though, they bossed the game it has to be said. but who knows, maybe last night will be a turning point and they will be slightly less invincible next season and post-Pep.

Ederson doing a Kevin Pressman wasn't enough to save them, alas.

I'm genuinely surprised it went to penalties, Doku played his nuts off last night, but Madrid gonna Madrid. As much as I hate them, I have a soft spot for Modric because he is a joy to watch. And the little bugger is 38!

Matt Le Tissier has found someone who's even more of a fruitcake than he is. From the Upshot:
Barely a week has passed since Matt Le Tissier bravely exposed the shapeshifting lizards behind this year’s unusually wet weather.
But speaking up against power comes with its own hazards, and as Matt enters the inner circle of truth sayers, he’s attracting the odd eccentric.​
Earlier this week, Le Tiss joined a livestream with fellow conspiracist Tom Sidney Bushnell, a self-proclaimed numerologist on a quest to “uncover the truth”.​
Expecting to whistle through his theories about actors posing as covid patients and 9/11 being an inside job, even Matt was sceptical when Bushnell started banging on about Princess Diana’s imminent resurrection and Johan Cruyff hiding in witness protection.
“Basically, Johan Cruyff plus April 26 in numbers comes to 365. 365 comes to the witness protection programme,” Bushnell explained as a pained expression spread over Matt’s face.​
“And how about this one?” he continued. “November 5th, return of Princess Diana, 88 mph. 282 is 88mph and that's all to do with November 5th.”
ETA: does Le Tissier think Jews did 9/11 or is that just a rumour on Reddit?

Last edited:
Pens in the National League playoff final at the minute, 2-2 after extra time. Solihull missed their first two.

Braintree edged a seesaw NLS playoff final 4-3 against Worthing after extra time, Macc lost out 2-1 to Marine in the NPL one within the 90.

Back
Top Bottom