Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On request: Odds and sods 2023/24 Thread

Now THAT was a goal. Up there with Garnacho and MacAllister.

Vent: note to self - do not read any comments on any of those clickbait videos from that World Class Stamp podcast with Matt Le Tissier in. Why did I do that to myself. They think Southgate is a shit manager because he's 'woke' and pro-LGBT and would pick Megan Rapinoe if he could. Funny, because I don't recall seeing him pick any of the women's team players. Like, why would you say that? Why would you genuinely believe Southgate would pick Megan Rapinoe if she was English? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Anyway, it's easy to shit talk Southgate when you have no managerial experience and never will, no coaching experience and never will (and you couldn't be arsed to do your badges because you thought it was pointless), and think the England team failed to beat Italy because they were too woke and not because Southgate a) did not use his subs when he should have, unlike Mancini, and b) put Saka and Sancho on penalties. Plus Le Tissier would probably drop anyone who'd have the jab. Carlton Palmer is just as bad tbh, it's easy to criticise when you're a failed manager and know you'll never be doing it again. (Tbh I wanted to hear about his time at Wednesday and was disappointed. He didn't talk about us much.)

And sorry, but why does a certain type of football fan think you have to be right-wing to be a decent manager? I think the entire Liverpool fandom might disagree on that one. Shankly's political beliefs didn't hurt Liverpool and neither did Klopp's.

Not a thread I have ever contributed to :D however, I walked past the Magistrates Court near Highbury Corner around midday and noticed two guys with long lens cameras standing in the side road which I'd never seen before - guessed they must be waiting to snap someone.

It was obviously in connection with this...

Thought this was great, the UK footballing origins of two common phrases in other languages:
As crazy as it sounds, those two words — “Leeds Days” — are ingrained in the Korean language, all over Instagram and YouTube, and referenced by people who in the vast majority of cases have no interest in football, let alone any knowledge of a club based in Yorkshire, on the other side of the world, or the blond-haired English striker who is inadvertently responsible for the phrase. […]

Sungmo Lee, a football reporter from South Korea, smiles. “In Korea, ‘Leeds Days’ means in your prime, the best ever time,” he says. “It came from the player from Leeds, Alan Smith. He was very good at Leeds but he was not that good at Manchester United, so from that time people started to use that expression. And now it’s used in other areas as well. Even people who don’t know anything about Leeds, they know this expression.” […]

Today's the deadline for a deal that will save Southend and that cunt Martin is trying it on AGAIN at the last minute. How he's not behind bars/six feet under is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom