Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Odds and sods 2022/23 Thread

Idle musings on the transfer window as reported.

Premier league clubs have spent a combined 1.7 billion, according to some.

If a player from club A moves to club B for £100m, a player from club B moves to club C for £100m etc etc and a player from club Z moves to club A for £100m; has £2.6b been spent, or is it in fact £0? Both wrong, 26 teams of agents are £10m richer.

Razor Ruddock had a wee during a match when leaning on the post waiting to defend a corner, according to Jason McAteer

Brilliant...

1662491504802.png

The FA Cup 1st Qualifying round replay between Shepton Mallet and Blackfield and Langley takes place tonight and Shepton have gone the extra mile to make Blackfield and Langley at home after their keeper was sent off for weeing in a hedge in the first game.

Brilliant...

View attachment 341331

The FA Cup 1st Qualifying round replay between Shepton Mallet and Blackfield and Langley takes place tonight and Shepton have gone the extra mile to make Blackfield and Langley at home after their keeper was sent off for weeing in a hedge in the first game.

did they move the bog to the other end at half time, though?

did they move the bog to the other end at half time, though?
I think it was a "piss take". For all I know they just moved a portaloo to behind the goal for the photo.

But, god, this is why I love non-league!

(and why non-league refs are such a pita)

Brilliant...

View attachment 341331

Gary Lineker, famously never even booked throughout his entire professional career, can count himself lucky to still be on the pitch after taking a shit vs Cameroon (Italia 90)

Arsenal have a 15 year old, Ethan Nwaneri, on their subs bench today v Brentford. Arsenal are 3-0 up, it's the proverbial 'men against boys', and some wag has just commented Arsenal should stick Nwaneri on to even things up a little.

Edit - He came on as well, 90th minute. Premier League's youngest ever player.

Last edited:
happened to notice this result in the highland league this evening

Strathspey Thistle 0 - 11 Brora Rangers

Strathspey Thistle are currently bottom of the league. Played 11, won 0, drawn 2, lost 9. Goals for 8, goals against 55 (goal difference -47), points 2

looks like a long, hard season ahead...

taking 'parking the bus' to a new level

9c60e390-5383-11ed-9531-792e851dad35.jpg

Congratulations to Gerard Pique for winning this years' Zinedine Zidane Award for the best end to a playing career.

Pique's career is over​

It looks as if Gerard Pique's career is over.
The Barcelona legend was on the bench tonight at Osasuna in his final game before retirement.
And he's been sent off at half-time for cursing at the referee.
That's his ninth and final La Liga red card.

Cockney Reds are still in :D

i can't really feel that way about them.

when i was at primary school in the 70s / start of the 80s, most of the kids who followed football were 'liverpool' - a few arsenal and spurs (this in SE London - :mad: ) think there was one who was millwall through family, can't remember anyone else charlton

Back
Top Bottom