Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23

Well that was easy. Must be quite galling for West Ham fans when they played pretty well but couldn't lay a glove on us, meanwhile we were way below best but picked them off.

Kudos to Davies and Royal for the excellent first goal. See what happens when wingbacks have the license to bomb forward from a higher starting position?

Pleasing result. Much needed.

First half I thought both teams were poor. Spurs came out 2nd half playing at a higher tempo and that was all it took really.

Understand West Ham’s tactics - 5 at the back, keep it tight, maybe nick a goal on the counter but Antonio was too isolated.

Could this be a turning point for Spurs? Given the way this season has gone, I’m not betting or counting on it

looked like a blatant handball pen at 15 mins

fourth though, as good as its going to get

anyone have an opinion of richarlison

Last edited:
Thought Richarlison looked a bit rusty - which is entirely to be expected, given his limited playing time. Worked hard off the ball.
Richarlison always puts a shift in and works hard, puts defenders under pressure.

Even when he's having a crap game in terms of his own output, at least he's not a passenger. Worth persevering with; we've had great forward lines for a long time but never much in the way of squad depth (Clinton N'Jie anyone?), it's superb that we have the likes of Richarlison, Danjuma and Lucas to finally give options.

Joke. Things Silva elbowed Romero deliberately, not even looked at by VAR. Ziyech shown a red for raising hands in Emerson's face, then the ref has a change of heart and calls it a yellow instead despite it being really fucking obvious and very clearly seen on first viewing.

This league is bent. Absolutely bent.

Genuinely can't believe what shit the pundits are coming out with. Yellow the right decision because Ziyech went to hit the shoulder and his hand bounced up to hit Emerson's face???

Joke. Things Silva elbowed Romero deliberately, not even looked at by VAR. Ziyech shown a red for raising hands in Emerson's face, then the ref has a change of heart and calls it a yellow instead despite it being really fucking obvious and very clearly seen on first viewing.

This league is bent. Absolutely bent.
on my stream the commentator said "It must be a red!!"
then when red was given "the correct decision"
then when revoked he said "well it was barely a slap, not that bad really"
ffs :D

Last edited:
Easy, easy, easy

Chelsea - your team is full of unlikeable arseholes, your manager is completely out his depth, and your owner is comfortably the biggest dickhead in all of football. Have a lovely rest of the day :D

That's a huge claim. I doubt Boehly would even get near the Champions League places for dickheadery.
There's plenty of flat out evil on display (Newcastle), corporate greed (Man Utd), and all-round World Class Arseholery (Man City), but for plain old dickheadry? Surely Boehly has the lot of them beaten.

the last 15 minutes of the Sheffield cup match made me wonder if Spurs were deliberately trying to throw the game. In a knock out match at the end dont you normally throw everything at your opponents as if your life depends on it? There was some pretty comfortable passing it around, no real sense of urgency or appetite. Losing is one thing, but I value effort over a score line. Yeah it was cold and wet but still felt a little flat to me

Absolutely raging still. Sick to the back teeth of this club - Levy/ENIC, Conte & most of the players. I don’t know any Spurs fan who didn’t desperately want to win the FA Cup.

Arrogant team selection. Disrespected Sheff Utd. Disrespected the competition. Got what they deserved.

How much of this selection is on Conte/Stellini or how much can be laid at the door of Levy for prioritising top4 only, I don’t know and is moot.

Poor old Stellini shoved in front of the camera to apologise. The club should refund the travelling supporters.

The ONLY thing this club has going for it at the moment is the fans. 60000 every week to watch paint dry. Incredible away support - seen on Wednesday night at Bramall Lane singing their hearts out. But this won’t last. I’m sick of it. Many I know are too.

Words of Keith Burkinshaw “used to be a club” etc etc.

Shameful exit and I won’t forgive or forget for a long time

giphy.gif

in the length of time arteta has been manager at arsenal spurs have got through three managers (not counting ryan mason's caretaker stint). and so we move onto number four

in the length of time arteta has been manager at arsenal spurs have got through three managers (not counting ryan mason's caretaker stint). and so we move onto number four
Has he been sacked? I didn't know that. I was talking about his rant the other day. It's was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom